An Unfinished Project - Take a Look!

A while back I worked on a mod that added an internet feature into Game Dev Tycoon. Basically, it allowed players to interact with fans and critics (just A.I.) across an in-game internet.

The person who was coding the A.I. and other stuff left, so I was unable to finish the project; however, I just thought I might as well share with you what could’ve been because I might as well not let it go to waste.

The Internet (U.I.) - An Unfinished Game Dev Tycoon Mod

I basically just use this link for testing, so don’t rely on it.

Please excuse any bad coding in the Java/jQuery side of things. I knew almost nothing about the languages going into the mod, and I had to teach myself as I went along.

Screenshots:

3 Likes

I can help with ideas, and i really want to see how this mod goes. Hope you can find coders soon.
edit: Also, the internet option can be in the right click menu so its easy to access. or maybe in the marketing right click menu.

Sounds good

3 Likes

IF this project is finished or still going I would loved to use it

Trust me, It’s still going:

Cannot wait to release this mod, but even though I am well over 1000 lines of code, there is still a good deal I would like to sort out before I even think about releasing a beta.

The Internet + TAG MOD =

No seriously, That what Game #2 should be like though.
Also if the TAG mod does gets released, i do think this mod needs to be supported.
Anyhow, Gr8 mod Mate! :smile:

Best of Luck,
                                                                         soniczcat

WOW! It’s amazing.

Thanksgiving paused development for a bit, but I am back at it again. :ok_hand:

Is this gonna take a while or very loong?

At least a month or two before I get the first build out. Winter is the busiest time of the year for me, so it’s hard to get in those hours. I try to get in around 5 - 10 hours of coding a week, but it’s always hard to find the time.

Nice Easter Egg you’ve hidden for me.
Based on the Slider Display.

If I’m being completely honest, I accidentally left that there :smirk:

its seems that you enjoy giving people the “spoilers” :wink:

I just realised I already commented on this. How is it going?

Well, I am currently working on TAG Mod. I am actually quite close to a release on this one. I just need to buckle down and get it done.

I’m so exited of this mod!!!