Alpha, Beta, Release!

Hai I got a new idea for the game!
It just came to me while I was playing game dev story for ios.
Basically everyone worries about having terrible reviews for their game so why not have betas?
You can make a public or closed beta (Or have none) once the game reaches the 75% mark. ofcourse the game wont be fully finished but, the game must be playable?
Closed beta:
You decide how many people can get the game in closed beta and receive reviews after a 90% mark.
Players tell you how the game is and weather they would purchase the full game. If not there will be a add-on at the end I will talk about.
Open beta:
Well you know…
Open for everyone!!!

Now for the time were you get your reviews.
People will review it based on
Sound
Fun
Ai
Story
Graphics
Overall rating (/10)

If you get a bad overall review you can choose to have bonus time (this may effect the hype) this bonus time will add 2 more months to edit the game for players liking.
During the time you can decide what to increase on eg. Sound or Ai
After that time its time for release!

Note* If you get bad reviews from beta you can lose hype but, a good game can increase hype & fanbase !

BIA!

1 Like

Well I feel that’s kind of the opposite when I play betas or alphas. Considering the developers haven’t had much time on that beta or alpha, it would make sense that it isn’t pitch perfect, and you can kind of sympathise for it, which would in fact increase hype for that game. But that’s just me.

Good suggestion though.

Well… this feature is pretty much recommended and they aren’t gonna implement it, at least… I’m pretty sure they will not. But if they do this in GDT or a possible GTD 2 it would be awesome! Read THIS for some other good ideas.

Dude, PLEASE read the other ideas posts before posting yours.
I already mentioned something like this in my post.

We dont want the forum to be spammed with 10 million threads with 7 million identical threads,right?

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/more-options-for-gamedev/6495

So,i have an idea:
To greenheart.
Can i host a thread where i can add all the ideas and you pin it?
So people post their ideas in the thread and explain them and i add them to the main post?

Or someone else of GHG does it,
Would save a lot of double posts or double posts because ones idea has an addition or something like that.

@Exidrial all honesty I think you are just presuming you are better than everyone else by asking for your royalty access to a pinned board made for you. What you just said was nothing more than a move of an asshole and in all honesty nobody likes a dick who feels he is worth more than anyone else.
Basically what you have stated is the fact of nobody else having the privilege of being able to post ideas and they must be authorised by you.

uhm no?

You are the ass here,whats your problem?

I said that a member of GHG can do it,i dont care.
I just said that i WOULD do that not that i DEMAND to do that and i told you the reason for it.
So that we dont have thousands of identical posts.

The post wouldnt be made for me,it would be made for everyone.

Did I ever say that i am better than everyone else?
Do i say im better than anyone else by saying i would help?

Yeah,im feeling like a king because i made a post where i advertise a charity site in another post.
I also am feeling like a king because i dont want the forum to become a jungle of posts.

In all honesty,nobody likes a dick like you,whos bitching about someone and doesnt really have a reason for it.

@Progamingkilz

I don’t want to make enemies on the forums so lets just end the argument there k?

<argument closed>

CSI music plays - Yeeeeaaaah!

Th show hasn’t ended because it wasn’t barney who started the argument…
IT WAS YOU.
to be continued