A word about modding

I love this game. I mean it. I bought it just after finishing the demo. But after playing 2 or 3 times, the game gets really boring. Because it doesn’t offer much replayability, even though it’s a tycoon game. It’s too plain and simple.
We have no press conferences about new consoles, or other companies. We have no award conventions like E3 or Spike. Wouldn’t it be great to win “Game of the Year” award or “Best Playststem 4 Game” award or “Best Graphics” award from time to time? And there is not much events also. If letting modders do what they want will allow these features then I fully support this.

3 Likes

I’m trying to figure out why the forums were quiet, then I posted my decompilation batch file which got taken down, and suddenly there was a s**tstorm of people who thought it would be a good idea to post their OWN mods so that THOSE could get taken down as well.

Did I create this monster? Because I think this is my fault. Sorry.

Why you need an decompilation Script. The games always left the decompressed files(pcitures, javascript and other stuff) in your temp file after you quit. At least on my pc.

On the other hand why bothering mods from that was i have seen developing own game should be easier.

Can’t we show off our ideas of a mod we’ve been developing? We won’t post pictures or download links, but just words explaining the persons mod

We are working on a mod API guys until we release it please have patience.

discussing ideas and concepts is totally fine. developing or distributing a mod is not okay at the moment but we will change this fairly soon.

Really looking forward to this. Great job :smile:

ok, thank you

is their gonna be mods on steam workshop?

Probably not. I’m not sure that Valve really cares about putting Steam Workshop on small indie titles.

It’s up to devs, not Valve. There are Indie games on Workshop already.

2 Likes

hey patrick i have a idea for you guys can you make a cheat menu for Games Dev Tycoon on steam and from windows store/here because im always bankrupt and you should ad cheats like money or workers free or other stuff you can think of and the cheats should be in the options menu plus if you bought the game on steam when you use cheats on that save you wont get achievements on that save

3 Likes

I have a team of modders for various games and I would like to know how modding will work.

Thanks!

1 Like

I had a question about mod support.

I know a lot of players asked for this so they could add new consoles, new events, etc…

But will it be possible to make modifications to the gameplay ? I don’t know, like adding new engine features, new marketing strategies, or even game covers, company logos, etc… Since pretty much everything could be possible with a mod support, I was wondering: will you allow that kind of things ?

It would be SO awesome, I can’t even

2 Likes

Grenheart Games, mod support would be REALLY appreciated. Look at all these suggestions people give to your game! You can’t handle them all on your own. I’d really love to see something like Steam Workshop being integrated into GTD, it can solve a lot of people’s requests.

1 Like

I’d make a mod to allow people to make modded consoles, alter money, add achievements, make new research options and make new offices.

2 Likes

Its not that greenheart does not want to have mods for their game, but the EULA ( end user license agreement ) is not something you can just discard.
Please be patience constant posting about mods on the forum does not speed up the process.

1 Like

I think we will finalize the new EULA next week, so hopefully the wait is over soon.

Be faster GHG.

The upcoming week? Or the week after.