A word about modding

The modding capability will give this game a jolt of new life – hopefully a big one. :smile:

1 Like

the new EULA is out , or why I have to accept a new one when I started the game ?

1 Like

When will this be out? Also, can you make Mods instead of being a .zip(I hate those things!) maybe a .rom or something? Or maybe shorten the screen so I can play on my laptop(This computer doesn’t have .zip support, and my laptop’s screen is too small to even finish my character on DEMO!)

well, the idea was this week but it looks more likely to come next week. Also, this doesn’t actually add mods yet, just adds support to allow mods to be created. This means a new EULA and some basic modding hints and APIs. More info will follow.

1 Like

Quite rankly what could you add to Game Dev Tycoon? It is AMAZING already. I expect the mods will be new topics or something like this but if anyone can tell me that they have made every combination of topic-genre then lets mod it but until then just appreciate the game for what it is!!!

Its next week already.

He said next week a day ago…

1 Like

This will be slightly delayed. The new EULA is ready but we want to update how we deploy the game to make modding a little easier and also think about a few modding scenarios. Update on status early next week. Shouldn’t take too long.

any updates?

yes, we are progressing quite well with the modding API. As I mentioned last time, initially we just planned to change the EULA but now we are preparing a modding API, complete with documentation to hopefully quickstart mods.

Currently custom topics, custom platforms and custom events are all implemented. I just want to add the ability for mods to persist data in a consistent way and then I will set the API to be public.

More info will follow soon.

1 Like

plan is to make the API and a first steam-beta with mod support this Friday.

1 Like

WOOOOO friday is awesome

Thank you, Mr. Patrick Klug for supporting your game with this additional effort. We appreciate it so much!

I can’t wait. sounds like a exciting addition to Game Dev Tycoon.

DISCLAIMER : I’am not complaining in any way.

Mod support will only be for Steam users? In its first implementation.

1 Like

we did change a few things in the game code to make modding easier so we want to test it first. steam allows simple beta tests so it’s a obvious choice.

Also, releasing the game with mod support to all players is a bit overkill while there are no mods available yet. Once the modding API is tested and we have our first mods we fully intent to update non-steam versions in a timely fashion.

1 Like

Wait… Friday? That’s tomorrow! \o/

Actually they will because a minority of us have relised that consoles are a waste of money and have bought a decent pc to run games on - even though i have a good pc i still have time of Game dev tycoon

http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/announcement-first-beta-version-with-modding-support-is-live/8612