[Alpha 2.0.1] Grapple Computer Mod

This mod adds some of missing platforms in the Grapple lineup, such as the Grapple II, Grapintosh, and more!

The Art
The art used for the platforms are carefully made to stay as close as possible to the art style present in the base game. This is achieved by taking some components from the existing platforms, and putting them together to create something new. I hope that, by this method, I am able to achieve an effect whereby it is hard to tell where the mod begins and ends.

Platform Choice
To prevent a clutter of similar platforms being released year after year, some real-world counterparts may be omitted from this mod. This may be due to similarities to other released platforms, or a lack of substantial impact to the gaming industry. Although, I am open to suggestions which may deem to be popular among subscribers.

Check it out on Steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=751172790

Change Log

Alpha 2.0.1
Jun 26, 2019

~ fixed issue with platform icons not showing up for some users

Alpha 2.0
May 20, 2019

+ Added Grap G3
+ Added Grap G4
+ Added Grap G5
+ Added Grap Pro
+ Added NeW WorkStation
+ Added notifications relating to NeW WorkStation

~ Updated Grapintosh image

- Removed UltimateLib dependency

Additional Notes:

As it stands, this build is fairly rough. The idea behind the many versions of the Grap (G3-Pro) was to ultimately have them be image variations for the same platform, similar to how the image for PC changes depending on the game date. At the moment, I haven’t been able to figure out how to get it working and decided to just push out what I have so far so I can at least release some of the other features.

This issue has been worked around by simply creating multiple platforms of the same name which are discontinued and launched at the same time, so an image change can take place. This may cause some balance / market share issues, but this is the best solution I could think of.

I hope you enjoy this release!

Alpha 1.4
Mar 8, 2017

+ Added Grap

- Removed Galilo
- Removed notifications relating to Galilo

Alpha 1.3
Sep 22, 2016

+ Added Galilo
+ Added notifications relating to Galilo

~ Created new mod thumbnail

Alpha 1.2
Sep 17, 2016

+Added Grapintosh
+Added notifications relating to Grapintosh

~ Tweaked Grapple II color to white

Alpha 1.1
Sep 9, 2016

~ Slightly edited color of Grapple II icon to better differentiate from other platforms.

Alpha 1.0 (Initial Release)
Aug 24, 2016

+ Added Grapple II Platform
+ Added notifications relating to Grapple II

2 Likes

That’s so much effort on an outdated community and the UL is outdated. You can’t use it on newer versions of GDT. I wish you didn’t put so much effort. Community is dead nowadays.

Well, whatever the case, it’s a game I enjoy and this is just something I work on occasionally to give me something to do. :slight_smile:

:smiley: Thanks for your commitment.

1 Like

MoreGDT does something similar to this, adds in a lot of Grapple computers, along with a lot of other platforms but without the need for any other mods or anything. The images look brilliant though! Well done on this mod.

1 Like

If you want I can convert your mod for it don’t need to use UltimateLib or you can merge your mod with my mod.

I’ve recently updated this mod after a bit of a hiatus. This update adds 5 new platforms! Give the new version a try!

Steam Workshop page

Change Log

Alpha 2.0
May 20, 2019

+ Added Grap G3
+ Added Grap G4
+ Added Grap G5
+ Added Grap Pro
+ Added NeW WorkStation
+ Added notifications relating to NeW WorkStation

~ Updated Grapintosh image

- Removed UltimateLib dependency

Additional Notes:

As it stands, this build is fairly rough. The idea behind the many versions of the Grap (G3-Pro) was to ultimately have them be image variations for the same platform, similar to how the image for PC changes depending on the game date. At the moment, I haven’t been able to figure out how to get it working and decided to just push out what I have so far so I can at least release some of the other features.

This issue has been worked around by simply creating multiple platforms of the same name which are discontinued and launched at the same time, so an image change can take place. This may cause some balance / market share issues, but this is the best solution I could think of.

I hope you enjoy this release!

Will there be more updates?
And where do you do computer design? And how? (Sorry for my language. I am not from America and UK.

1 Like

Wow, I commented on this 2 years ago about how the community and the game is dead and you shouldn’t bother. I guess you listened to me and made only 5 platforms in 2 years :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well as you can see by the frequency of my updates, I haven’t been able to devote as much time as I would hope to this mod. Although, I do hope to continue improving on this mod until it has reached a point I am happy with. For the meantime, it is simply a matter of getting enough time together to complete it.

As for the platform images, they were created using some parts of already existing platforms in the game (such as keyboards and screens, which can be hard to replicate from scratch) and the rest is drawn on top of these components. Some of the earlier platforms for this mod were created with Paint .NET, a free software on PC. The rest were created with Procreate, an app for iOS, while using an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil.

Here are a couple videos showing the process using Procreate:

Thank you for your questions and interest in this mod!

haha yeah. School, work, and other life aspects got in the way, unfortunately. This most recent update contains content I had worked on some time ago but never published.

Figured I may as well push it out in hopes it could go to some use and maybe motivate me to continue work on this mod.