Why so similar to Game Dev Story? (same developers?)

Hi,

just bought this game and have a question.

Are here employes of Kairosoft at work? I’m just asking because this game is basically a 1:1 copy of Game Dev Story.

So what is going on here?

enter link description here

I’m quite confused now, because the similarities are too obsious to be just a coincidence.

No. Kairosoft is a japaneese company I think and GreenHeartGames are 2 brothers that live in Austria/Australia.
See, Call of Duty and Medal of Honor seem to be 1:1 copies too but they really arent.

1 Like

This whole debacle with this game vs. Kairo’s game really makes me sad to see so many people don’t truly grasp the real definition of “1:1 copy” and “blatant”.

1 Like

I can’t share you’re view there. Call of Duty and Battlefield are both shooters. The mechanics don’t differ that much.

But the similarities here, in the management-genre that offers more variation, are:

• same system for developing a game (bubbles)
  • same system of gaining xp
  • same system of reviews
  • same system of sales
  • same system of choosing a platform
  • same system of progressing through the game

See, some similarities are ok. But here the too much “inspiration” was taken from the original. You can’t blame the evil software pirates on the one hand, but on the other hand copy the whole idea of your game from somebody else.

Should really have checked the demo first, because now I feel kinda cheated.

Not sure if troll. But very probably so.

Roughly 95% of games with XP have the absolutely same system of managing it. You gain it due to doing some actions, you get better by attaining enough XP, etc.

It’s happened to coincide with how game’s reviews work in real world.

As above.

As above.

Roughly 95% of tycoon-type games have absolutely the same system of general progression.