OS's and Upgrades Chit Chat Thread

I know they’re not @Killertoad … But I have no choice…
I do need a laptop that can record more than I need max settings…
Also, the laptop price can be a little higher than 1,000 just not by much.

Waaaait…
64Bytes run up tp 16EB thats over 16m MB! Thought it is “just” Windows XP.

1 Like

i think 16EB is more then 16 million MB’s

1 Like

I Meant 16m GBs!

2 Likes

@Killertoad I don’t have $100 to spend on here. I have a max of $50. I have a desktop, and I’m not sure what PSU I have and I’m not willing to open my PC for a simple question.

@apljee
Being honest, I don’t think any $50 graphics card will hold up a smooth experience for large open world games like Skyrim or Day Z…

You can always try and get a refund if the games you want to play don’t work; which I think you might have to since there’s not a lot of people out there playing games and asking about $50 graphics cards…

Well, that GT 610 card won’t run many games well, you’re gonna get what you pay for, lol. And it’s not that hard, just pop the case, and look at the sticker. Because maybe your PSU can’t even handle a 610

1 Like

Sadly with Bestbuy, you can’t get any good computers. I can look again later though.

1 Like

I know I know… Just need something that can record and play modern games…

It’ll play games, maybe towards lower settings, I dunno about recording these modern games though. It’ll play/record Minecraft, GDT, and Valve game really.

1 Like

I guess it’s a start… I can’t really help it right now. Please do check twice… It can be a little over $1000.

@Killertoad @MrRain how about an $80 video card? :stuck_out_tongue: Any recommendations? I don’t have the time to save up for a $180 or $160 graphics card, and I’m not willing to bump it up much higher.

1 Like

Also, @Killertoad should it be worth noting that while you were listing reasons why the one I previously wanted was so bad, I think I might go with the ECS GeForce GT 440.

1 Like

2 GB of RAM isn’t really bad.
I have 2 GB RAM with Wondows 8(installed, i actually have, like, i dunno, 16 GB RAM?)

1 Like

Lol.

I kinda misspelled it a few times because my o key is too close to my i key.

It is normal on QWERTY Keyboard.

1 Like

Shift + Ctrl.
(If You use that the Y and Z will change positons. Well, not only them)

I upgrade my GPU regularly but not often. When i do, i place the old ones on local sites like 'Gumtree’

Latest card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Vram 4095 MB
Previous Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Vram 1536 MB - :moneybag:Sold for £30 on Gumtree (Buyer collects)
Previous Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Vram 3GB - :moneybag: for £15 on Gumtree (Buyer collects)

You can pick up beefy but cheap cards this way. Just be sure to check;
A) you see them working
B) they are not OC’d (Unless you don’t mind that)
C) Take an adult with you!

These are my personal actions and in no way constitutes ‘advice’ from Greenheart Games.

1 Like

Dam…
I Have an laptop.

1 Like