OS's and Upgrades Chit Chat Thread

What About Wondows 8 For The Mbox 3

1 Like

Yeah it is Easy to get use to Like eveysince other OS i Was 12 When i knew how Windows 7 Xp 8 before i use on my Big brothers computer and my fatherā€™s because i did go to near be store with computers to try, so kids stop going in School and begin to go to stores with computer to try and look at if you have hard learning a OS plus i learn english from videogames hell even talking to you guys and gals (the Girl version of guys)

1 Like

Macā€™s are not easy to get used toā€¦ The mouse is pure torture for meā€¦ I feel so retarded not being able to move my mouse the way I only know howā€¦

I however, really do love the multiple desktops that you can slide to without needing more monitors. That would be pretty useful for Windows machinesā€¦

1 Like

I never used the ā€œMagic Mouseā€. It annoyed me, so I just used a regular wireless mouse, worked perfect, lol.

And multiple desktops? Iā€™ve never seen that, what is it? Like where you I guess grab and slide left or right to go to another screen?

1 Like

Exactly @Killertoad . You can even have different backgrounds for each one.
Itā€™s very useful, specially with the backwards mouse controls.
I just wish Windows had that as well.

I have trouble with a wireless mouse as well as the magic mouseā€¦ I donā€™t know which oneā€™s better or worse for me.

1 Like

Hm, I never knew that :b And I bet there is a program out there for windows, that allows that. Haha. But Iā€™d rather have two monitors anyways :b

2 Likes

2 monitors is better but for those who donā€™t have money to spend on equipment (like me), can at least have 2 or 3 desktops to mess around with.

I do hope thereā€™s a program that does that for Windows. It would make things a bit easier for me lol.

2 Likes

Donā€™t reccomend me not to buy this, it might not be all good, (from reviews Iā€™ve seen itā€™s fairly decent,) but I need an upgrade badly, or soon enough I wonā€™t even be able to play Minecraft without getting a new graphics card.

Iā€™m spending $40 to buy an ASUS GT610-SL-1GD3. Anyone know if I can run games such as Skyrim, DayZ Standalone, Arma II, and Loadout? I donā€™t need to run every single game, just wondering if it can run those games at a solid 25+ fps.

EDIT: Also wondeirng if I could run Medieval II: Total War, and/or Civilization V with this. I know I have all of the necessary things except for a good enough graphics card for almost every game. Which really pisses me off. :angry::anger:

1 Like

It might barely run Skyrim and DayZ at 25 fps but I can almost guarantee frame dropsā€¦ It only has 1 GB of RAM so weā€™re talking low to minimum settings on about every game for a smooth experience.
Itā€™s also a 610 which is pretty out-dated as well since the newest chips are at 670, 700ā€™s series.

You might want to consider paying a little more for a slightly beefier card.

1 Like

Actually 1 GB is a lot for Skyrim or DayZ and should be more than enough to run them in high.
The GT610 is a low end card and is probably not worth the money when you can get similar performance with an onboard card.
I can run Skyrim and Dayz in mid-high settings with my old 4770 card (512Mb) In my opinion you shouldnā€™t spend your money on a low end videocard unless your onboard card is really old and you are not planning on changing your computer/motherboard for a while.

1 Like

Troll-alert.

Haha Iā€™m sorryā€¦ To me, thatā€™s a bit much for me to believeā€¦
Anyways, I would stay away from 512 and 1GB RAM GPUā€™s as much as possibleā€¦ Itā€™s just my preference and opinion thoughā€¦

1 Like

I thought you had a laptop? But anyways I wouldnā€™t recommend that card either. Itā€™s not really worth it, Iā€™d wait till you had around a 100, and then you could get a decent card, if you could get the r7 260x (99-120) you could run BF4 on high, at 50-60 FPS. Itā€™s a pretty good little card.

2 Likes

Yeah, while you are correct, itā€™d be smart to stay away from that, because future games are more demanding, and they will require more Vram. But anything over 2* is over kill right now. (3 is the the 780/780Ti has)

If anyone has questions on a good PC build/upgrades, just ask me :b

2 Likes

@Killertoad
Iā€™m working on a deal to get a new laptop but the catch is it has to be a laptop and from bestbuyā€¦
I found a pretty killer Lenovo laptop for a little over 1,000 which is also the budget as wellā€¦

Do ya mind looking around best buy and see which laptop close to 1000 has the most bang for the buck? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooh, a laptop? Can you not build a desktop, and get all the parts from bestbuy? Lol, itā€™d be cheaper :b

I could get you a build for around 600 thatā€™ll max out BF4 while recording at and AVG of 60 FPS in 1080p

But if you have to get a laptop Iā€™d recommend these(in order):

2 Likes

@Killertoad for reasons of practicality, Iā€™d rather have a laptop for now and get a desktop later. The way the house is, thereā€™s no easy way for me to get a cable to a desktop, and if I put a wifi card board thing, I can only put the desktop in the middle of the house because the wifi doesnā€™t read my room.

About the 2:
You choose an i5 over the i7?
Is it because of the graphics card?
With the i5, will I still be able to record?

1 Like

Alright, makes sense, even though you could throw in a wifi extender, and still be under $800 :b

And yes, the i5 one has dual graphics cards. All of bestbuys laptops are kinda crappy, so thatā€™s probably your best option. And yes, you can record, although with those laptops the i7 (4700mq) is much better than the i5 (4200M)

But with desktops, an i5 could be equal in gaming with an i7 (4670k vs 4770k)

Laptops are just not good for gaming, haha.

2 Likes

@Mikkel_Bie I think that May be off topic

Actually, my onboard card is currently a pile of :green_heart:. Need I say more?

@Killertoad I donā€™t need to run BF4, I prefer to play cod & battlefield on consoles. :stuck_out_tongue: Also, this is urgent because my current video card canā€™t even run a few games Iā€™ve bought on steam, including starbound and ArmA II. I also got L4D2 for free and Iā€™ve been wanting to play it. Iā€™m not into the new games too much, but I guess the only game i might buy new will be Destiny if I donā€™t get it on consoles first. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: I have a netbook, which I prefer to use for emulation of games, (mostly just GBA, N64 and Game Cube roms.) and my desktop which is better.

1 Like

the GT 610 wonā€™t run ArmA II, I doubt itā€™d even run L4D2 on med settings, maybe low. And BF4 was just a benchmark, iā€™m pretty much saying that the 260x will run almost any game on high-ultra :b

And you do have a desktop?

If so, weā€™d need to know what PSU you have, because most of the time pre-builts use the smallest PSU possible.

1 Like