If you could change/improve/add ONE thing in Game Dev Tycoon, what would it be?

That’s actually a good idea!

1 Like

Add mod support :smile:

7 Likes

A revamp of the Combination system. It just doesn’t make sense why for example a Ninja Action game is better than a Pirate Action game D=

11 Likes

I would suggest an option menu choice to remove the Tutorial comments OR make the OK button on all the comments tied to the enter key (or equivalent input on a tablet).

3 Likes

more researching options @ R&D lab (3d graphics v8 <)

5 Likes

My one feature would be a ‘Ghost’ mode. Many racing games offer a ghost racer representing your previous attempt(s), so I propose that your previous attempts in GDT should be reflected in alerts that a rival company has:

• made a hit game,
  • or built a new console,
  • or offered their engine to other companies (which you could choose to licence),
  • or even gone bankrupt.

And the timing of each message would be based on the timing of when you did one of those things in a previous game.

31 Likes

Would be funny if you could sabotage your ghost as you do sometimes to other companies.

3 Likes

That would be fantastic!

1 Like

Some sort of leaderboard feature that shows you the names and genres/topics of friends’ and other users’ games.

1 Like

Translations for Game Dev Tycoon

2 Likes

Dynamic game market.

7 Likes

I could write a long list of great ideas and suggestions but I will keep it small and simple to something not already suggested here:

Global Highscorelist to compare to other players! :smile:

5 Likes

Rival Game Studios…

15 Likes

Random Name Generator.

10 Likes

Add: Add the ability to create development studios that work together (Along the lines of rockstar and it’s different game studios)

11 Likes

Rival Studios for me! They could even poach your staff or vice versa

1 Like

A better ui. I need info about slides during game development. I need info about game engines developed. Etc…

6 Likes

I would like to be able to customize the Production Time, for example how long the game should be produced etc

5 Likes

The ability to create different kinds of DLC (map packs, skin packs, ect) and feature microtransactions in games.

10 Likes

Also things like being able to choose the custom hardware you develop and the ability to make different versions of the game and choose what they include (Standard, Special, Limited, that sort of thing) :slight_smile:

1 Like