Game Dev Tycoon Vs Game Dev Story

So which one is better?

I think Game Dev tycoon is more polished, Gives you more options and has more realistic progression over years. In Game Dev Story, They just say: “We will be making a lot of fun games!” when In GDT they have different news stories.

GDT!
Thought GDT was based on GDS.

GDT is way more polished and challenging than GDS.

GDT of course. Much more advanced and polished. Especially the review system and luck based elements kind of ruined GDS for me.

Yeah, Oh no a blackout! , Oh no my level 5 producer only squeezed out 20 sound points, oh no hardware failure…
Game comes out, 9,9,9,10… -_-

2 Likes

Lets get Game Tycoon in the mix of this

By the makers of Limbo Of The Lost.

YUP.

Game tycoon is the worst game ever. Limbo Of The Lost is number two.

TRI SYNERGY BRINGING YOU GAMES SINCE ??? GOOD LUCK FINDING INFO

They can’t be compared, ‘why?’ you may ask. Well:
1.GDS is made on Android, that means that they are limited to only one very complex programing language.
2.GDS must be much smaller because nobody want’s his phone memory totally jammed by one game.
3. Well… Phone ≠ PC
BTW: Game tycoon is so bad that they didn’t give .exe file in first beta version! Fail!

Actually GDS on Android/iOS is port of the PC version, which I haven’t tried but looks pretty complicated by the screenshots. But I’m pretty sure the game mechanics are the same.

Game Dev Tycoon because of mods

That’s a bit off-topic, look at the title.

It’s pretty easy if you understand JAPANESE! there is no english version of pc GDS.

GDS have a sequel and you can ad for your company change what your emploeys position and came out in 1999 and the sequel came out in 2000 and all that means that it’s game dev st… shrew it GDT FTW

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

And it’s not the worst game IS IT THE REASON THAT THE HOLE GAME MARKET CHASHED no that means E.T to the atari 600 is the worst game ever still

1 Like

Necroooo
And offtopic
:frowning:

1 Like

This like is not a contest. I liked GDS but GDT BLEW it away. It is so much better in everyway. More pretty UI, more consoles, longer game. Everything about it is better. Now I ask, GDT vs GamersGoMakers? Haven’t tried GamersGoMakers yet… Anyone know how good it is?

It is good.
Trust meh.
Way more features, more realistic, thought a bit poorly coded.

It’s not a goddamn ripoff.
@LineLiar had a point. Every game looks similar to other, if they are same genre.
It doesn’t work on Linux/Mac because it’s Steam only…
(thought SteamOS is based on Linux…)
I agree that UI isn’t the best, but I still enjoyed GGM.

You just don’t like it, and I do. bye.

1 Like

@Stian People have different opinions, respect them

LOL. This made me actually laugh out loud. Why would I be biased because I am working for the creator? It’s with absolutely everything. You want to tell me that Call of Duty looks extremely different from Battlefield? Not really. Why? Because they’re in the same genre, FPS. Does Civilization V look extremely different from Endless Legend? No. Why? Because it’s both in the 4X genre. And now the big battle… does Game Dev Tycoon look extremely different from Game Dev Story? It does not. Why? Because it’s in the same genre. Of course you can make your look different, but not as much as you think you can. And btw, Haxor said I had a point and not that I was completely right. And just for good measure, if you experience problems with a specific game it might be better to send a bug report than to trash talk it all over the place. GGM is getting almost no bug reports, so I don’t see what has gone wrong with you. I assume you’re using Windows 8, and it should work properly. Also, I could say from all of the games above that they are rip-offs from each other. But I don’t think you would say that in their cases. Done.

2 Likes