[Linux] Error when moving to new location

Trying to advance to the first new location gives me a javascript “Event object” popup and then nothing happens but the progress bar bouncing back and forward.

Linux version, ubuntu 13.04

Will investigate. By the way: were you able to install it on Ubuntu 13 with the .deb file? Another user experienced some problems with that.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out. Savegames, or other files.

Yes, I saw the ubuntu 13.04 installation problem. I also encountered several issues, but ended up installing ia32-libs, and a custom udev package (ubuntu discontinued and deleted the necessary udev package in 13.04) from this thread: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=226002

Hi guys I’m having the exact same problem.

Was moving from the garage to another office and got the Event Object popup and the progress bar bouncing back and forward.

My Ubuntu version is 12.10

Could you send me your save files to support@greenheartgames.com
They should be under ~/.config/gamedevtycoon

Thanks.

Files sent! And apparently I have to type more than 20 characters.

thanks. and yes, the forum software likes chatty apparently :smiley:

I have the same problem with Ubuntu 13.04… 64 bit

I have the same problem with Debian 7.0 (testing). So it seems it’s not Ubuntu specific. To make the game work, I just had to install the 32 bit version of libudev0. But I get stuck with this very error on level change.

Same issue in Mint Nadia.

Second on Nadia issue. No sound either, which is weird.

Seems to be a problem on every distro, Arch x86-64 here, same problem.

I’m currently at work, will do so later.

BTW, the game is coded with node.js right?

In my case I have node.js dev libs installed, Could this problem be related to that?

Same here. Tried on wine and the screen stays white while the game appears to run (behind that white screen). Any solution would be appreciated. (Arch linux i686, ugly-hacked udev symlink, jack2 audio)

Same problem, Ubuntu 12.04 - No issues installing using the DEB file.

1 Like

Same problem here with Linux Mint x64

Same issue on Arch x86-64.

Sorry for that!
Solution: rename images/superb/level2Desk.png to images/superb/level2desk.png
We will make an update as soon as possible.

DanielKlug, how to make that on .tar.gz version?

I’m sorry, but I installed the .deb and I son’t see and file called level2Desk.png
Where is it supposed to be?