Youtube Content ID claiming

You don’t understand how law work! I had several copyright strikes because i used copyrighted music and games, even if it fallen under “fair use”. So accept fact you must mute GDT music and play some you made and/or have rights to use. After so long time, youtube can’t bring your vid back.

Hey @Daniel_Musial

To be clear, We at Greenheart Games do not issue content claims for any lets play videos that do not include:

• Link to a torrent of our game
  • A way to illegally download our game.

To be Crystal Clear - We did not issue the claim you received.

Who did? Adrev.

It may be of interest to you to read this section of our EULA:
Let’s Play Videos and Fan Made Content
You may create fan content (including Let’s Play videos) incorporating videos of actual game play, and may publish and monetise your fan content. All such fan content must be respectful to our industry, company and the Software. We reserve the right to revoke this permission at any time and for any reason by notice to you. Upon such notice, you must immediately remove the fan content from distribution.
What this Means: Go ahead and create a Let’s Play video, you can even monetise it (e.g. earn money from YouTube ads). But if we ask you to take it down, you must do so.

Please note that companies that perform ‘YouTube Content ID administration’ may file a claim in regards to the music. Many users have chosen to either mute the music or successfully fight the claim.
You may find this DMCA thread on our forums helpful:
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/youtube-3rd-party-claim/6661

If you have further questions then please do not hesitate to ask me directly. I am here to help and inform.

1 Like

@iSenzo - In my experience so far, many users have chosen to not mute the music and instead fight the claim successfully. Personally I feel this is preferable as it may encourage Adrev to be more careful about who they makes claims on.

@khal00d352 - Rather than banning people for being misinformed it is better to inform them so they can understand the situation better and learn from it. Also please do not type all in caps. Ever.

@Pastract - As always, a welcome addition to the conversation :cookie:

@Rex0099 - I can understand why you got angry. It is natural to feel that way when someone is acting aggressively and it feels gratifying to slap them down. However taking the moral high ground as Pastract did is the way to go.

1 Like

IT ISNT THE DEVELOPER. HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY IT. ITS THE COMPANY THAT MADE THE ROYALTY FREE MUSIC THAT THEY USED FOR THE GAME. IT ISNT GREENHEART GAMES FAULT.

Jesus…

1 Like

Also too bad. Thats how youtube works. THE DMCA laws are so flawed in this country.

@Daniel_Musial sorry for these troubles. I hate how other companies are seemingly abusing the claim system. I have written about this in the past:

In our eyes, you should have the full right to cast the game, including the music.As far as I can see, our license for the music does not contain any clause that would prevent such use.

If you can, try to fight the claim. Others have been successful in it.
Sorry for the trouble. We have considered switching out all music tracks from the game to prevent this unfortunate bullying but even developers who use custom-made music seem to run into the same issues.

What I would do is mute the sound and either make a remix with famitracker or use royalty-free music instead.

The music is already royalty free. I think all of these claims are completely ridiculous, unfounded and are simply corporate greed. - Don’t get me wrong, you can’t just re-use the music from GDT but casting gameplay should absolutely be considered fair use.

1 Like