[WIP] Spartan Dev Project

Simple English?

For devs, this means the design should be stable enough for the current implemented items (however I need to remove my old code I forgot to burn first) and for users that means we are a mere leap away from a released 0.1.0 Alpha

Cool! 0.1.0 Alpha!

The non-UI-centric bits of the UltimateLib Interface are also being (super) slowly brought over to the functionality currently in place in the SDP, for those parts are beyond the UltimateLib and thus can easily simulate it with very little effort or code. Effective this means at some point in the future, old UltimateLib mods (at least the less advanced ones) may have the ability to work again, but I advocate for any up to date system use only the SDP functionality, the UltimateLib wrapper is not gonna be fully officially supported, and thus may break as functionality for the SDP evolves, the point of the wrapper is to allow old functioning mods to work on the same system as new ones.

(Note: This will not infringe the UltimateLibā€™s license as it does not actually include the UltimateLib itself, only the basic interface it was implemented on)

How to use this

I recommend not to use it until Alpha 0.1.0, but if you really want to risk it, you can download it from the github and install it to mod for it (the UltimateLib interface isnā€™t finished, and work only just started on it) but there are no mods made yet for this pre-alpha version because it hasnā€™t been technically released yet.

Edit: This does not mean the game will start with it yet, just need to make that clear.

Look forward to your work! What are the characteristics of it! Need nw.js?

How do you encrypt the JS file! Can you teach me! Or what tutorial!Thank you

Characteristics will include more advanced features then in the GDT mod API, and it should also allow much more advanced features for many components found in the UltimateLib back when it wasnā€™t dead. I have yet to finish the GUI work, thatā€™ll probably be more focused on 0.2.0, but Iā€™m not as good with UI systems so I might need help.

For the other stuff, nw.js is like a specific file required for GDT to run in the internal framework iirc, youā€™re not able to use GDT without it.

For learning Javascript, I suggest you stick to looking for a static programming or scripting language for basic introduction, and then maybe jump in to a few JS tutorials, thatā€™s how I basically did it (I started with C++, but that likely would confuse most, so maybe start with something like a basic C# or Java, or if you really want to get into JS with typing, could use Typescript, but I donā€™t recommend it myself)

Iā€™m right on guessing by ā€˜encryptā€™ you me program? Or do you actually me encrypt? Because I donā€™t see why youā€™d want, there is like no advantage to actually encrypting a JS files if you are using it right.

I can also use the nw.js framework? I see a lot of people game development giants have a browser like! How can I achieve! I heard that nw.js can better manage the code!

everything for nwjs I would think is here, https://nwjs.io/

This can be done in the framework of the game development giant! Wow!

Edwin, just to point out, going off topic in most threads is frowned upon, as it kind of harms the atmosphere most most threads, this thread has been about the SDP, but you went off topic at those last parts, you should have asked more coherently on the forum in the offtopic sections about that. Also, I severely recommend you not use JS for non-web game development, the purpose of JS was not for scalability outside of web design.

Can only do MOD?

No, what I mean by not using JS is, Nodeā€™s last use was for anything related to game environments, it was a quick system for web applications, mostly for more utility stuff, those environments are not most suited for game environments however, a more general and and intuitive language should be used, if you really want to keep dynamic type scripting, I recommend Lua, most Lua systems are highly optimized and plugins expand it far. Otherwise I recommend a programming language. (Python at the least)

GDT is a great game because of mechanics, but Node was probably holding it back (which is what Iā€™m gonna guess is why GHG moved to Unity)

You are now the development environment is Lua? There is no tutorial!

This is not the thread to discuss this, this is thread hijacking, and that Iā€™ve participated is partly my fault, youā€™d need to open your own thread to discuss it, we should get this thread back to GDT modding

Iā€™m sorryļ¼ But I am looking forward to your work! How long it will take to finish! I can test

I might be able to finish most everything by next week, but it should be within 2 weeks unless something in my life happens.

I didnā€™t say the SDP was usable yet. I havenā€™t compiled (or the equivalent to compiled in JS) to make sure it works since I rewrote it so I could get the interface ready, this means you likely got an error because I misformatted something or of the like, Iā€™ll tell you when its usable, currently it is only for designing around.

Please anyone planning to actually download this for development, donā€™t expect it to work yet, I have not tested that it can run in node at all.

1 Like