Where is my steam key, Greenheart Games

I ordered Game Dev Tycoon under the email address, darthcoolness@gmail.com on May 15, 2013, so where’s my steam key. you said everyone will have their steam key by today, August 29, 2013.

They still have a few hours to send the keys :smile:

They said by the 29th.

You have to remember this a a small team of people who have to manually email each person who bought the game. It may be awhile.

If you don’t have it by the Close of Business today… then you can complain. But that would be pretty low… since its a small team.

well, first of all they said MOST keys would be sent by the end of today, and second, today’s not over yet. Third, they explicitly said that you had to be patient and you could start thinking about a problem in the key delivery starting August 30th. so be patient ^^

You will get the steam key on a random time, it’s not mostly going in order from first bought to last bought. Be patient, they are still sending them out.

Technically, it is still the 29th somewhere in the world for another 18+ hours (9 hours 15 mins of the day left in the UK), so until then please be patient.

Wait do I have to email someone? I used 12padams@gmail.com to buy the game from the windows store. I don’t know if I was supposed to email or anything… I’ve still got the receipt thingy from the windows store saying I bought the game. What do I do to get my steam key? I’m going to bed now, see you in 8 hours. Its the 30th in Sydney Australia where I live now and I’ve stayed up long enough.

Have fun playing the game before me… I won’t get a chance to play until 20 hours have passed since I have to go to work tomorrow :frowning:

If you are using the Windows Store version then you will need to claim the key from within the game. We will update the game to have a ‘Get Steam key’ button in the menu so you have to make sure that the game is up to date before you try claiming your key. To show the menu in the Windows Store version, you have to either right-click or, if you use touch, then swipe from the bottom of the screen to bring up the menu.

More information HERE.

1 Like

No, you don’t have to email anyone for your key.

Since you bought the game from the Windows Store, you need to wait for Microsoft to release the 1.4 update, install it, then you’ll find a new menu option in-game which will let you claim your Steam key.

As I said, this is dependant on Microsoft, who may not release the update in your region immediately.

Lol now I feel embarrassed… just read it saying don’t send us an email with an invoice… that’s just what I did 10 minutes ago. Now I’m embarrassed and wish the was a unsend or delete before viewed email button.

Anyway that updated windows store version with the steam key… will that be the same version as the steam version or will the steam version have those extra features?

Lol, always read the FAQs :wink:

Yes :smile: We plan on keeping all versions of our games updated no matter which store your version was purchased from!