[REQ] Game Dev Tycoon Ultimate

Heh, fancy title.

Hello fellow modders, and especially modders. I would like to ask a question/mod request, if you wish to sit comfortable on your seat/bed/other.

I would like to request a mod which combined all the different mods, into one mod. Like, all the different topics, platforms and/or additional features of the other mods into one giant, awesome mod. Similar to minecrafts, Tekkit modpacks.

It surely is possible, maybe some time will be consumed in drafting the mod, but it sounds like something do-able, right?

it is do-able, but you have credit every modder, since your combining everyone’s code into one mod.

It perfectly do-able, but instead one one mod it’s much easier to make it a modpack. I was already thinking of making something like that and I think I will try to make a modpack soon. :slight_smile:

It’ll be a pain in the :green_heart: to update :slight_smile:
plus you’ll need every modders permission… whats wrong with just downloading the mods you want seperately?

I know @Charlie or @JayCheetah will say this to you, so I’m going to say it first for once:

Fix yer’ language.
:cake:

Do-able, but have fun getting permissions!
Lots of modders are very strict with how their mod is used and distributed.
One wrong move and you’ll have tons of threats coming your way.

This is true as merging files together wouldn’t work well because lots of people have a similar or same file structure. For example, lots of people put the main code inside ./source/code.js or something similar. If the path and file names are the same, your going to have directory/merging issues.

Exactly.

I must have made that message early in the morning. There’s so much wrong with the grammar and words. :stuck_out_tongue:

@noahc3

“Do-able, but have fun getting permissions!
Lots of modders are very strict with how Their mod is used and distributed.
One wrong move and you’ll have tons of threats coming your way.”

That is simply not true. Please do not spread misinformation.
The vast majority of modders are delighted to help out other modders and donate assets when the correct permissions and credits are given.
You may like to take a look at our modding F.A.Q.;
http://forum.greenheartgames.com/t/official-modding-f-a-q/9144

1 Like

I guess I misunderstood the info.
But the issue with updating is still true. It would consume lots of time changing file directories, especially if you want to add bigger mods like the GDT Expansion Pack.

You don’t have to update everytime a mod updates… and otherwise it wouldn’t be that hard. Just take the mod out and put the new version in. :smiley:

This is what have been thinking about and I was thinking about doing this, but then again I am in 8th grade and wouldn’t have time to this… Still nice idea.

I’m only in eighth grade too, and I have don’t have much difficulty doing much things coding-related. I also have time to do this. I don’t do much things.

Yes, if he makes a MODPACK, and not GDT Ultimate.

But anyways, if you, or anyone here would like to do this, you have my full permission.

And mine :smile:

You could make the modpack Game Dev Tycoon Ultimate. One mod is just a stupid idea. Download the modfolders, put them in a rar file, make them available for download and… there’s your Game Dev Tycoon Ultimate… it’s totally not that hard. :wink:

Why would we need your permission? :stuck_out_tongue: