No mods folder and lack of folders?

I cant install any mods because I dont have the mods folder. I only have the exe the icon and some .dll’s. I made a mod folder and also put the api in but it doesnt work. Any ideas? I have the standalone version.

update the game?
wait a minute
something is wrong here

Wha?

Im on the game now making a game called RaceSIM (didnt get falls short for once lol) but I still have no mods. Also im on win 7, no folders just an exe and some dlls. The game runs fine but modding doesnt work

Can you help me or not?

Hey, with a little more information I should be able to help further. Where did you purchase the game from?

eBay

5 weeks ago but never installed it. I also have the win 8 app version on my laptop and it lets me get the steam version but my laptop is broken so I cant get it. So I looked on eBay for a copy.

If its fake and you need my microsoft store details to get info so like I can get my purchase back or something I can if you need them. (I dont have it on steam when I had my laptop working on the app when I swiped up it said get steam key or something. Its been broken for like a month now).

Could you possibly take a screenshot of the installation folder?

1 Like

Thats my program files folder and the game folder (no program files (x86) folder)

You might have gotten scammed… Is that the demo or something?

No

This is what my “Game Dev Tycoon” folder looks like:

Maybe you have an old version or something. I don’t know…

Doesn’t matter! I have an idea.

1. Get a win 8 iso
  2. Launch a VM
  3. Sign in
  4. Download the app
  5. Get the key
  6. Go back to my computer (not VM) and type the key

Thanks for being so helpful anyway
-Brendan

Congrats for solving your problem :smile:

Didnt work. Can I have my purchase restored? I have my microsoft store details. I dont have VT-x support so I cant run a VM. D: Please help!

i can do it for you

Im giving my email. Your not staff you cant restore my purchase, im not trying to be mean. I just need some staff or I need to find a customer support number (toll free).

Hey Brendan. Your best bet is to get access to a working windows 8/10 machine. Sign into the store with the same credentials that you used at the time of purchase and grab your Steam key. That way in future all you need to do is reinstall, and sign into steam when you get a new machine.

Due to the way distributors work, the Windows store in this case. We can not reclaim your account as we have no access. We are the creators.
As it states in this F.A.Q. - FAQ Game Dev Tycoon - Steam Keys

"9. I’m using the Windows store version, why can’t you simply send me an email?

Microsoft does not pass any customer information to developers. We simply do not know who you are and that’s why we cannot send you an email. You will have to use the process from within the game to claim your key. Please do not contact us with a purchase invoice from the Store, we can only give out keys via the game client. There are no exceptions."

From the folder image you posted I would guess the game is not installed or failed during the install. Maybe blocked by antivirus or some other security software. Obviously any purchase from a store such as Ebay is not official so It could well be that you were sold an incomplete game too.

1 Like