New to the Community, Eager to Make Mods

Hello Greenheart Games Forum! I picked up Game Dev Tycoon over the Steam Sale and have been playing it non-stop for the past few days. I noticed that it has mod support via the Steam Workshop, though noticed it to be not quite active.

I personally have a nak for coding, even more specifically javascript, and was wondering if people are still interested in new mods being released? Does the community want more mods, specifically overhaul or API mods? What kinds of mods are people looking for?

I’m personally looking into making a genre-adding mod and have made a few personal mods for early Sequels and the like. Also had an over zealous idea for a time machine mod that would send the player back in time or something (I need to look more into how the timer works before getting into it more).

Anyway, I figured I would ask on the forum and introduce myself at the same time. Thanks for feedback in advance! :green_heart:

1 Like

Well, overhaul mods weren’t ever downloaded that much as for example DzjengisKhan’s exp pack.
I personally don’t play with any overhaul mods, I like it as it is.
No idea if anyone actually downloads new mods though

Boooo, overhaul mods FTW. Anyways, yes please, you are very welcome to make mods. The more the merrier! I have a few ideas that i’ll message you about.

2 Likes

I think a genre adding mod would be awesome. I honestly couldn’t tell you what genres you could add…

pls dont necro

1 Like