My suggestions and impovements

Suggestions:

Programming Language:

In the beginning you have 1 or 2 languages that you can choose. In “Train” there’s a section “Programming” that have languages that you can learn. Over time you receive updates about them that they are unlockable. To train one, you need to spend research points and a lot of money to train them. The ones that are the hardest and excellent for game development are the most expensive (200K for example depending on the level of the dev.) and needs more time to learn (2 months). Every language has a downside and a good side, for example Language A is good for simulation games but can cause a lot of bugs while Language B is good for RPG games but it can only hold 1 gameplay feature. Each update of a Programming language that you know costs more research and money to update with the newer one IF YOU WANT. They also change over time the suitable Gender for a game but not too much. If you are making a game and developer A knows language X and developer B doesn’t, that means that the dev. B will make few progress. Each five levels in a dev. unlocks 1 language to learn (starting from 1-5 level knowing 1 language)
l know it seems confusing but I think it’s a great idea and I personally think it should be in the game to make the game more complex and fun! :slight_smile:

Time Allocation for game development:

Sometimes in the beginning I make a game and it gets to 7 design and 6 tech. I think it’s pretty crappy and a time allocation would be awesome for people that have time and money.
How it would work you ask? Well I suggest that regular time allocation would be free. One month (I think) is the regular time to make a game. If you put more time into making a game you need to pay more (you know to balance the game) To allocate more time, these calculations are made:

l = level of a dev.
t = All the levels of all the developers summed. (l + l + l = t)
tan = time allocation number
100 = game balancing number to 2 months.
oam = optional and addiditional month = 50

t x 100 = tan = money required to pay for time allocation for 2 months.

for example I have 3 guys: dev A = level 5; dev B = level 5; dev C = level 4.
let’s sum all of their levels and that will give us: t = 1,4M
we do: t x 100 and that will give us tan=1,4.
Done! That’s pretty balanced I think. If he wants for example 3 months we do:
t x 150 = 14 x 100 + 1(oam) = 2,1M
Done! 2,1M Is needed to develop the game with 3 months.
I DON’T know how that would work with people that have sh**tons of money.

Changes and Improvements:

Years:
There should be an option that represents instead of Y5 to 1985.

Weeks:
Personally I think they are going too fast.

Game development:
There should be a cooldown at least of 3 weeks after publishing (not if trashing) a game. My brother suggests that it isn’t a good idea because most of the companies make games right after finishing one. :wink:

Multi genre:
They should be optional.

Fans and Money:
There should be an option to represent the exact number of fans and numbers. F.E: 2,1M --> 2,119,542

Renaming:
Custom engines and games should be renameable while they are in development just like what happened in Minecraft (The Cave Game —> Minecraft)
Reason:
Forgot to put the name. Custom Engines #31203123; Game #23

Viewing custom engine’s features:
Did you want to know the features that an engines you made a while ago and you can’t?

That’s about it, hope you like my ideas and if you don’t please reply I don’t mind getting constructive criticism. :wink:

I don’t think programming language will add any depth, only complexity. Same goes for the time allocation system. Stating complexity is currency to buy depth, it would make the depth more “expensive” and thus less accesible.

These 2 “features” could go well with Weeks in improvements because it’s always good to have time to manage all the things. Also the programming feature goes well more later in game to make specific games. Time Allocation may not be accessible but it can be very profiting, keep in mind that.

bump. I think I should consider more on ideas.

updated a little bit some gramar errors and added a new thing in the improvements.

added view custom engine’s features.

Think this belongs in here

thanks! space holder