More "Custom Console" things

Hi! I’m pretty new at Game Dev Tycoon, (recently bought it) and just wanted to come with some ideas for custom consoles (mostly custom consoles ;D) ! Sorry if these have been mentioned before.

• Other “game developers” asking for a license to make games for the console/platform

• Games not made by you can increase the market share too on your consoles

• Random events about ex. “server crashing” etc.

• Codename: Grid thing needs to be “implemented” in the platform/console for it to work properly

• Random events at the “Grid” thing. Ex. “LOL Soft’s hit game Lollipop made in 5 billion dollars! Incredibly 5 millions of this money was paid to for license, engine and that stuff!”

• More interviews, reports, news and stuff like that about custom consoles/platforms so it looks a bit like the main story

I am very sorry if these has been mentioned before, and I hope these suggestions aren’t totally out of range for the developers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regards, Stian

3 Likes
  • There is a option to license your game engine to other developers, but even though I researched it, I can’t find how to do this…

• That would be good, and more varying marketshare would be good, like if its a boom period for the PPS, then its marketshare would go to 12% for example instead of 8% and PS4 can go down to 7% from 14% for example, more varying views is what Im saying.

• Grid does need to be expanded drastically and I have given some examples in another thread.

• This is true, such as sending your game to a reviewer before its released, for example…there are different ways to do this but I can’t think at the top of my head currently.

1 Like

I would like to see something like Kinect there.

They could announce Kinect features, so basically when a Console comes out, every few months you can decide to make a patch to stabilize or “add” things to the console, and you can announce expansions for those consoles such as Kinect, same with other companies.

Got any more suggestions?

Not really from me :L

Also you could create a blockbuster game and you could allow people to make a movie off it and you would get random offers to make a game for a movie and have funny references to movies.

1 Like

Plus you could actually make a handheld and decide its power.

2 Likes

Yea! Create a portable xBox ;S

Good idea! I got other ideas to donate.

• You must add 1 control type to make a console
  • Games for the system must have at least 1 of the control types in the console
  • MMO’s on custom consoles require the “MMO” option on the console.
1 Like

Pinstar has some interesting ideas. Truly Custom Consoles

Some more ideas to donate to the post!

• Assign topic/genre combinations that work well with the console
  • Assign target audiences that work well with the console
  • Choose wether or not brands need your OK, a license or all access.
  • Choose what color you want, and change the gem on the top to another logo.

I don’t think that topic/genre combos should have an added benefit for certain consoles. The topic/genre bonus should be with the game since the console doesn’t add any benefit to either.

That would be awesome, but I think the requirement should be say if you want to make a portable console, you have to make, say 2-3 consoles before you release a handheld so it makes sense.

How can I get more models ?

Love the idea of other companies buying licenses for your own console…more publishers = more games = more consoles sold…love it!

maybe you could include a pack-in game for your custom console.

(Man it’s good to be back!)
I have A LOT more ideas.

1. The ability for console reviews like games!
  2. More items for consoles only can be unlocked!
  3. Maybe an ability to discontinue your console when a better one is coming along?
  4. At times, messages will pop up where other companies want to make games on your consoles. You will make money from these games, but only half of the profits of the game. And it corresponds to the 3rd idea of my last post!
1 Like