Lol at the pirated copy

Hey,

I was just reading up on your blog about the pirated version you released of the game. I thought it was absolutely hilarious especially the responses! It`s unfortunate and amazes me at the amount that has been pirated to that which has been purchased at the day of post you recorded 3000+ cracked and only 200 were genuine 0_o poor guys . I cant help but think that most of these ppl must be underage gamers and can only hope that as they grow that they will come to realise the value of hard work and consider paying a measly $8. I have throughly enjoyed your game and wish you all the best in the future keep at it and well done

I know right? That is the most awesome thing in Piracy Protection
XD

It definately is. Game Dev Tycoon’s anti-piracy measure is the greatest especially when it made those who pirated the game complain about piracy making the game unwinnable for them. Absolute irony!

Well, they did upload the torrent version, the people who shared the full version to non-payers can still play the game as normal. But they did pwn-ed those pirates!

Their response to the pirating was the main reason I bought the game. I had noticed it on the Windows store first and had decided to pirate it myself to decide if I liked it. (Terrible, I know, but I didn’t wish to be stopped after a few years of ingame time.) However, upon searching the game’s name, I came upon the it’s site and saw both the hilarious method they used to deter pirates and the hilarious/depressing results they got from it. After seeing how few purchases they had gotten, I immediately decided to purchase it. And then I did.

I’ve said it before on another post, piracy is one of the main reasons PC game devs make incomes and…

I seen a response saying exactly these words (C+P)

umg the pyretd virsun is faik

it was copy and pasted

LOL

I think i’ve seen a yahoo! answers just like that.

“erghmagerd y is the torent vrsn of gaem dev tycoon not wokring for me??
I donloaded it on pirete bay but it didnt work?”

I read that blog post and after that, I decided to buy the game. It’s what made me throw in the $8 and the devs deserve it!

people pirated my game i sued and lost all my fans but im regaining them and one of my games had over 1 million copies sold