Linux v1.3.8: Updated packages

ldd is expected to return with the output that udev.so.0 is not found. However, after installation, in the same directory with the executable we created a symlink for udev.so, which the executable will load by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the start script.

Please uninstall gamedevtycoon (apt-get remove gamedevtycoon), check with ls if ļ»æ/opt/greenheartgames/gamedevtycoon-bin is really gone, then install the gamedevtycoon-1.3.8.amd64.deb (make sure its the one with amd64, not the i386).
You have the 32 bit (i386) version installed on your 64bit system.

Thanks, that worked.
I actually did that on purpose, I tried to install the 64bit version but the package kept failing to install. The 32-bit version worked fine though.

The game works fine, but now I get this error in the terminal

[4535:0506/193657:ERROR:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(146)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
[4559:0506/193701:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(203)] Running without renderer sandbox
[4559:0506/193719:ERROR:audio_output_device.cc(247)] IO loop going away before the audio device has been stopped
[4559:0506/193719:ERROR:audio_output_device.cc(247)] IO loop going away before the audio device has been stopped

It isnā€™t critical, considering the game is working, but I was wondering what the errors mean?

That messages are expected since node-webkit disables sandbox.

I ran through the 30 year ā€œcampaignā€ and when it was completed (when I was being given the accolades for being the messiah of all things gaming), GDT threw up an exception and closed. My game was still there (it had autosaved) but my score was not in the High Scores. Iā€™d be happy to provide any relevant logs, if you can tell me where theyā€™d be. I was using Linux Mint 14.1 Cinnamon, 64 bit. I installed the .deb package (v 1.3.8) and except for a few hesitations during play, it seemed to work just fine.

If I can just figure this out AND the magic combo for the killer game, things would be golden (Iā€™ll settle for the Linux client not crashing though. :slight_smile: ā€¦)

@Fyb3roptik, any thoughts on this?

Hi guys, I just updated to gdt 1.3.8 and I started getting the following error message.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜flagsā€™ of undefined (file:///tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.lq262y/compressed/codeNw.js:433)
Please restart the game.

It occurs when I click on ā€œSureā€ when the interview dialog shows.

Is this a known bug? Has this bug been fixed in 1.3.9 for Linux?

Iā€™m using the 64-bit .deb package. System is running Ubuntu 64-bit Raring (13.04).

Edit: Well, I started a new game and the problem did not recur. Perculiar, but nontheless, Iā€™ll contact support if it happens again.

Itā€™s reasonable to have separate packages ā€“ a node-webkit package and a game package.

I canā€™t tell if youā€™re agreeing or disagreeing with me :stuck_out_tongue:
I know Iā€™d prefer not to have to re-download node-webkit every time thereā€™s an update to the game.

Iā€™m not sure of the conventions of other distros, but on the Gentoo family (Funtoo, Sabayon, etc) itā€™s common to have gamedevtycoon as the app.nw package, and gamedevtycoon-bin as the precompiled option.

On Arch, the package Iā€™ve submitted to the AUR is only the app.nw version, but Greenheart Games doesnā€™t provide a download without node-webkit bundled, so they have to download an extra ~150MB of binaries that arenā€™t really needed for every update.

Speaking of which, the package for 1.3.9 now is now in the AUR here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/game-dev-tycoon/