Leaving Team Crumpet

ok just gonna say im bailing from team crumpet

pixel tower is gonna be finished, but im jumping ship with tv exec tycoon and whatever the heck game #3 is gonna be. this is mainly down to a lack of communication, with time zones and “creative differences” - the nice pr guy way of saying i dont like how anythings panning out.

also after pixel tower is done there’ll be something else. that doesn’t matter right now, but it might instigate a rivalry between @gamedev13600 and i, and that’s not what i want so ill hold off on that for a bit.

ok? cool cool

2 Likes

Wow, no one saw this coming at all. Nope. Definitely not. Categorically, games and game developers always succeed on this forum.

Not trying to sound too passive-aggressive, but what exactly did you bring to the team besides supposed public relations? From what I can tell, @ShadowedDeath and/or @Botahamec are the ones doing any and all of the actual work.

Well outside of public relations, I made the base sprites for Pixel Tower (as well as a lot of the current sprites), alongside a good chunk of the programming for it. I also set up the Dropbox and did all I could to help out @ShadowedDeath, @Botahamec and @gamedev13600 with anything they needed help with. Also remembering the public relations, I’d say I did a pretty ok amount of work.

also just clarifying that none of the games are cancelled, im just dropping out of the team overall and just focusing on pixel tower.

Well if your out I am too. I will still help with the development of Pixel Tower.

rip in pixels team crumpet

@chizbejoe you forgot the sarcasm tag
shame on you

That barely counts since you barely kept up with the public anyways. It doesn’t take much to just occasionally post. Heck, you didn’t even post all the time. @ShadowedDeath would even do it.

Programming or Construct 2?

I am kind of unnecessarily complaining. However, I do get annoyed when indie devs list themselves as “managers” or “public relations.” Most of the time, they aren’t actually doing anything.

Clearly, I still got the point across. :wink:

OK, let me amend it then; whatever you would call the programming done in C2.

OK, point taken, I didn’t do a particularly good job of keeping up with the public. However, you can’t deny that I did, in some form or another, do it. I answered questions and I updated the Pixel Tower post whenever there was something to add. I discussed a lot of things about the development, and tried my best to keep open about what was going on. Also, I’m not entirely sure why you’re accusing me of not doing much work on a game that I;

a) Came up with
b) Developed mostly
c) Devoted a decent amount of time to
d) As we’ve mentioned, did PR for, which was of questionable quality, it seems.

So yes, I’m sorry to have agitated you in some way, and to have led you to believe I’m not doing anything.

Pixel Tower wasn’t the only game you guys were working on. TV Exec. Tycoon was another. That was the one I actually cared about. How much work did you have with that? How much progress did you guys make? Truthfully, I never really cared for Pixel Tower.

We’ve said many times that TV Exec Tycoon is being developed by @Botahamec, not me or anyone else. I’ve stated before that we were just gonna sort out the dumb moves that were being made by Game World (Word) Studios, and that was purely why we were joining up. We would also offer help to Bota if he needed it, however he hasn’t asked for help with stuff at any point. So yeah, @ShadowedDeath and I focused on Pixel Tower, cause that’s the game we were already working on. We decided we would try and help with TV Exec Tycoon if they needed they help, but they’re getting along fine on their own now, making the team pointless.

1 Like

So, what the hell is Pixel Tower even?

It’s a 2D platformer thing that might feature some shooting and driving sections (read: a first attempt at a Mega Man style thing)

also speaking of which there’s been a slight visual change in it, you’re a robot now.

So, it’s basically 65% of the new indie games on Steam? Original.

Yep, super original. It’s my favourite genre though so I wanted to make a game like that.

1 Like

At least it’s going to be free right?

Yeah, it’ll be free.

4 Likes

Not going to lie but I’ve been waiting for this thread to happen. Anybody else ?

1 Like

I don’t blame you. In retrospect, that was a dumb idea and poorly executed. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

1 Like

Game #2 will bring us back to our duties.

2 Likes