Is it possible to replace generic graphic features (v1, v2) with more realistic alternatives?

@DzjengisKhan @kristof1104 @Darkly @SirEverard @alphabit
I want to know if it is possible to make a mod that removes vague researches (like 3d graphics v5, for example) with more precise things (720p resolution, Human-like faces, non-blocky hands, ect.) Would this be possible? And if so, how would I remove a base-game research without making my game error itself to hell?

I Think that changing, not deleting, would be better, thought I dunno how it’s with researches.
@Darkly and @kristof1104 should help.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, there is no way to delete the research. Unless you go into the game files manually, but that is against the EULA. You could probably move the release date on those graphics too way out of range, though. I dont know.

1 Like

That would work… but how would I do either your or haxors suggestions?

@DzjengisKhan @kristof1104 @Darkly @SirEverard @alphabit
Bump… no one answered my question, and I really have no clue how.

Try just overriding the names of the researches. In the research object you can do something like:

Research.ThreeDGraphicsV4.name = "new name";

And this will set the new name for this.

1 Like

Since i would have multiple researches, so, is there a way to nerf that one so that I can make the others more balanced? (I am not looking for overpower mod mk2, here)

You can change any of the attributes the same way. Run:

Research.ThreeDGraphicsV4

In the console and it will give you are list of all the attributes related to that research.

1 Like

I do not have alot of time to test this all out but check out these and run them in the console:

console.dir(GameManager.company.researchCompleted)

and

console.dir(GameManager.research)

Now being said by modifying any of these research any current game will become corrupted so you would have to start a new game after you removed them. I do not have the time today to test it out but these should help point you in the right direction.

Edit: The best way to probably handle removing them is by changing the canResearch function values to constant false.

Console? What do you mean? I am jsut using textwrangler to make my mod… I have no idea what you mean by console. :confused:

@lilshatespug217
Read: https://github.com/greenheartgames/gdt-modAPI/wiki/Debugging-Mods
and another option: [TUT] Debug Game Dev Tycoon

You can find the console in there. If you want to do any serious modding to GDT you will need to make that a good friend of yours.

1 Like

Ok, but I am asking WHAT IS THE FREAKING BUTTON TO LAUNCH CONSOLE? (The right click start-up setting thing does not work, as I am on mac.)

Good lord… You have to enable the toolbar, full tutorial in the link above.