Game Dev Tycoon's performance is REALLY bad

What do you mean by that? JavaScript and Java are not even slightly related.

1 Like

It was just a guess, I know that Java and JavaScript are not similar. But I thought I needed to download Java to have JavaScript code work optimal, I guess I was wrong. Any idea how to fix the crappy performance drops?

What are your PC specs?

CPU: 1.7 GHz 2-core <<< I know that this is a shitty CPU, please don’t mention it or i’ll-- :slightly_smiling:
GPU: AMD Radeon 7340 HD Graphics 512MB
HDD: 1TB
RAM: 2.7GB

Look at your CPU Omg.

It’s not as bad as everyone thinks.

1 Like

Yeah, the problem is more than likely something to do with that CPU.

GDT ran great the first time (Before Windows 10), why would it be my CPU?

That CPU is kinda weak, so I thought it might be that.
But if ran fine on your previous OS then I don’t know.

My first guess is that the 512MB on the graphics card will be really stretching it for GDT. The slow performance is likely caused by the graphics card memory filling up and then the game will constantly swap image files from HDD to graphics card.

But since the game ran okay before on the same machine, I guess a display driver issue is more likely. I’d check if you can either upgrade or downgrade your display driver and see if that makes a difference.

2 Likes

I’m going to try it, thanks :slightly_smiling:

I deleted all my Windows 10 32-Bit drivers and I installed a Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit driver 13.12. GDT still runs very bad, but I tested Portal 2 and it ran a lot better. Lol ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Still, thanks for the help @PatrickKlug :wink:

Also, sorry for all these comments. But I would recommend putting an option into GDT 2 to disable all the popping bubble’s. Some people with high-end computers also can’t run the game because of the bubbles.

I have noticed that when the bubbles pass through the ‘hype’ meter, it flickers often.
There is also flicker on some of the staffs’ names at certain times (you know the names behind their chairs, and their specialty if any)

Me too :wink:

It is your CPU. the reason why it preformed better at first is because in the early game the game runs fewer calculations and manages fewer things so in the early game it puts less stress on you CPU. If you start a new game you should find youll have a higher frame rate but as you get later in the game it will begin to plummet.

PS: CS:GO is super well optimized and 40 fps is actually a really bad frame rate to get in it. my laptop from 2011 still gets over 60 on most maps (except newk ): ) and you should really consider upgrading your CPU to the modern standard. can you tell me what socket type your mother board is? if you can answer that i can point you towards something. if its not that then its the ram. 2.7 GB is REALLY low. is you ram DDR3 or DDR4? or maybe DDR2 even? does your motherboard support dual or quad channel? ram is super cheap right now so an upgrade would most certainly make sense right now, especially considering you are a gamer.

@Thatonezoey
From what I remember, the Radeon 7340 HD is an Laptop GPU, meaing a CPU upgrade would be out of the question

@Thatonezoey Thanks for the constructive response, but this topic is really old and I have a new PC with better hardware :slight_smile:

2 Likes