Game Dec Tycoon called a virus

Listen, I bought your game from your store linked to in a video by Sips from youtube and I am very disappointed by the fact that I can no longer play it do to my Avast anti virus continually calling it a virus. I would like it if you fixed this by somehow getting the companies to no longer view it as a virus or getting your act together and not putting viruses in games I paid 8$ for.

Thank you

There we go…
Hope that helps! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Wave! :green_heart:

It won’t let me put it in the scan lab thing…

Turn off Avast, download GDT, Turn Avast back on and continue playing.

Thanks Kenneth!
Hope that helps!

Why would I turn off Avast, that is kinda dumb. I will try it later though I guess

Because… You know… It’s not working for you… Yeah…

Well I want to know if that is a sure fire way of getting it to work, and will I have to turn off Avast everytime I got to play or turn back on my computer?

No no no. You just have to turn off avast when you install the game. After you installed the game, turn off your Computer, turn it on again, and turn on avast. Set game dev tycoon in its Exclusion list, then you’re done.

It does not show up in the virus chest and I can’t put it in the exclusion list

After you did[quote=“WaveJones, post:10, topic:6258”]
turn off avast when you install the game. After you installed the game, turn off your Computer, turn it on again, and turn on avast.
[/quote]
You have to look up where your installation of the game took place. Then add it in the Exclusion list.
Two Possible chances :

1. Usually it’s Computer/:C/Users/(insert what username do you use on your computer here)/appdata/local/Game Dev Tycoon
    Or you could look it up using the Run program by typing %appdata%, going up one folder, go to Local, find Game Dev Tycoon.

2. Or it’s just Computer/C:/Program Files/Game Dev Tycoon

:smiley:

If you follow these directions to create an exception, they may not be exact as AV companies tend to change the procedure from one version to the next. This is why AVG is my AV of choice. The only game it has ever blocked was Siberia.

It should get you on the right path for creating an exclusion. As a Avast customer you can also contact them and ask them to walk you through it!