Community Expansion Team Leader

Hello @everyone,

As you know we have announced our idea for a Community Expansion and I know many of you are itching to get started.

We want this Community Expansion to be as much about you as possible. We want to have you guys manage, develop, test, and support the project just as you would with your own mods. Our involvement in the project will be to provide support and guidance as and when required.

To get the ball rolling we will be opening up a Trello board and a new category (hazzaa this one!) to help collate the discussions and ideas you guys have! Before we can open the Trello board, you will need to elect a team leader to manage the project.

This won’t be a time consuming role as the community expansion will run for as long as needed but it will be an active role.

Here are the responsibilities a leader will have:

• Aiding and encouraging modders in their contributions
  • Attending to pull requests and integrating code into the main project
  • Managing project direction based on community ideas and feedback

We’ll be using GitHub to host the code so a familiarity with the site and software would be great, but don’t worry it’s easy to use.

If you want to fill this role or want to nominate someone else please do so here.
Once there is an elected community leader, we can move forward with setting up the tools.

Any questions?

4 Likes

yay @SirEverard is back :smile:
Jokes aside…
yeah I got nothing :cry:

2 Likes

I personally think @kristof1104 would fit this role best, as he has experience (I believe his background contains coding experience, correct me if I’m wrong) and I believe he has the right mentality.

4 Likes

Yeah, him or @DzjengisKhan.

1 Like

I agree with @Pastract,

@kristof1104 is in my opinion the most qualified person to do this. I know from personal experience he is very organized and is strict about code layout (which you need for a project like this to prevent it becoming a mess).

Hopefully he’s willing to do it :smiley:

5 Likes

i would also agree and say @kristof1104 seems the most experienced

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to this :smile:
but you guys should make sure there are mods (well content) in it that isn’t availible on steam workshop or the forum otherwise people can just get the individual content pieces from here and basicly get the expansion for free, but i think you guys probably have that covered

1 Like

I would agree and say @kristof1104 is the man for the job :smile:

2 Likes

Hi Guy’s!

Thanks a lot for the kind words!
I’m really looking forward to this project and if you guys are up for it, I’ll take a stab at leading this project.

A little bit of extra information for the people who don’t know who I am.
My name is Kristof, I’m 26 years old and work as a senior Java developer. I mainly work on enterprise applications. I’m also the developer of CheatMod and CompetitorMod (with @DzjengisKhan).

Btw @DzjengisKhan glad your back man! :smiley:

Greetz

10 Likes

I agree, we need you.

1 Like

Add another vote for making @kristof1104 leader.

2 Likes

Thanks mate :smiley:

Feels good to be back :smile:

6 Likes

Sounds great! Assuming that @Stian and @janch32 are still on board it’d be good to get their votes/input as well, then we are good to start.

3 Likes

I agree that @kristof1104 should be leader

(I don’t know him, but It’ll be pointless to vote for different person since everybody voted for him :smiley:)

3 Likes

Well, I would vote for @DzjengisKhan but it seems like Kristof won! Congratulations to him :slight_smile: We will happily provide cloud services for the team if needed.

1 Like

I think @DzjengisKhan is the most active and creative of them all.

Just my personal opinion, not sure if I’m the only one.

1 Like

Congrats to @kristof1104. We will start setting things up. More info soon.

5 Likes