Best hardware for gaming

Best desktop hardware to use for gaming. Post if you know anything.

You asked for it…

Gaming PC:
CPU: i7 5960X OC
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X x3 (Tri-SLI)
RAM: 32GB DDR4 LPX
HDD: 1TB SSD x2 (RAID 1)
KBD: Noppo Choc Mini
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS RVE X99
MOUSE: Logitech G400s

That costs almost 10K.

2 Likes

Wow! 10k!

If you don’t include the tower case and OS as well as a few other things, then it is probably under 10K.

2 Likes

Well, just slamming the most expensive components or highest-end in title alone components won’t always net you the best performance. A 5960X can perform worse in games if it’s not programmed to take advantage of all eight cores, and the Titan X has already been topped, plus some other specs could be changed. Here’s a better of idea of what would perform the best, and the price actually gets some cuts in some areas, since the most ridiculous parts are overpriced for what you get performance-wise. Here’s a better idea of the best components for gaming right now, and for the forseeable future.

CPU: i7-5930K
Mobo: MSI X99S
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8x16GB DDR4
Storage: Intel 750 Series PCI-E 1.2TB SSD
Western Digital Black 4TB HDD
GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 Ti using 3-way SLI
PSU: Corsair AX1500i
Monitor: Acer XB280HK bprz

I left out some stuff like an optical drive as well as KB+M because they’re such subjective items that each person is going to recommend their own peripherals, best to just do your research on that one, since there really is no “perfect” or “best” gaming mouse and keyboard, and optical drives are limited use-case.

As for gaming however, it’s a hexacore machine with three of the single most powerful GPUs on the market thanks to their ability to overclock harder than the other brands available right now, and it has plenty of SSD and HDD storage for all your needs, as well as expandability thanks to a motherboard with room for plenty more SATA ports. However, nothing here is going overkill for the sake of having an impressive price tag, everything in here is actually pretty reasonable, with the possible exception of the PSU, but that’s there to account for overclocking headroom and throwing in seven or eight more HDDs if you feel so inclined.

All-in-all, you’re paying just shy of $7,000 for what would be the best experience possible in almost all scenarios, since the GPUs and CPU will overclock like monsters, and the extra budget leftover should be going towards watercooling for keeping the system in great condition, as well as for those OC gains. This is pretty much the best you can get right now, since other options are adding a lot of money for either no performance gain, or even performance decreases, as Titan Xs and crazy Xeon processors would do worse than this rig, even the 5960X does in anything that can’t take full advantage of it.

Here’s the link if for whatever crazy reason you feel compelled to buy this monster.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/d793Jx

I just pulled up something quick. Didn’t really look into it. Trust me though, if you’re smart, that setup is a beast.

A 999$ ultrabook will handle every game in 5FPS just fine

As in the words of @mrdewdew
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/mrdewdew/saved/jYPD4D.

1 Like

CPU: Atari Lynx
GPU: Potato Chip 2.0
RAM: Hamster Wheel
HDD: Dad’s Closet
Motherboard: Wooden Plank
Graphics Card: Mom’s Credit Card
Mouse: MouseSystems PC Mouse
Controller: a chopped up bottom half of a Gameboy SP
Monitor: Gameboy’s DOT Matrix

might be upgrading soon

4 Likes

Lucky, i’m stuck on Windows 2.0…

Pfff
I have Windows 2000

Just heard about this thing called XP… not sure if it will be good or not.

It’s like :stuck_out_tongue: but with crossed eyes

3 Likes

I have the same one!

2 Likes