A Simple Mod Suggestion: Choosing Topics

Only use on new save files.

(Took like 10-15 minutes to code :P)

Btw, if you’re going to have a full playthrough that’s kind of cheating… you said review though so I’m assuming it’s not.

2 Likes

Thanks! I knew it wasn’t that big of a project…

I am going to use it for a review. After that, I might have a play-through but with the mods deactivated.

Hm… I’m having some problems trying to get the mod to work.

Can you describe the problems?

Well, when I went to make a new game, I get the “cannot read property” window.

When I disabled and started a new game, and re-enabled, I get the same error window when attempting to pick a topic normally from the develop game menu,

Make sure you entered all topic names correcly. A single typo causes errors. It’s case-sensitive too.

Ok… Where do I enter the topics?

It should tell you as soon as you start a new save file.

This is the error I get whenever I try to create a new game.

"Uncaught Type Error: Object# < .Object > has no method.

“has no method” what? It’s what comes after what you wrote that helps debug xD

Otherwise you can post a screenshot of what the better error handling mod says… ([REL] Better Error Handling)

Your wish is my command.

1 Like

You need to enable the modding API :slight_smile:

what the… But that’s not showing on my mods list…

Ahh I’m blind. Found it!

I had disabled all my mods for the review previously lol.

1 Like

I hope it works now ^^

Alright, seems like it’s working!

1 Like

Why don’t @darkly upload small mods like this?

Probably because they’re not demanded and they’re written quite fast, making it boring to make.

1 Like

Yeah, if I have the time I can do small requests like this… I will throw in all my small mods together in a single topic later, though.

1 Like

@Darkly

I found another bug though with the mod. It doesn’t give an error but basically, it won’t allow me to research any topics.

I can research a topic, I get the confirmation that the topic was researched, but it does not show up when I go to develop a game, and it’s still in the research section.

It’s not a huge deal since I got what I needed for the first take and most likely won’t need this mod again for the remainder of the review.