Visorius? (Planned in-game?)

Well, after looking around in the game’s image files from pure boredom, I came across a file in the ‘superb’ part of the console folder. It was named Visorius, and not remembering a console such as that, I clicked it. Was this a planned console, or is this in the game currently, and I just don’t know about it?

VISORIUS:

1 Like

It’s in the game:

[spoiler]
You can research virtual reality in the r&d lab and then develop the Visorius in the hardware lab.
EDIT: As pointed out this isn’t true at all! The Visorius appears in a news story and causes the Visorius Support engine research to become available.
[/spoiler]

3 Likes

Wow.

I never knew about this, thanks @PatrickKlug!

Say wha??!?!?
Goes back to no-life-ing Game Dev Tycoon

1 Like

What? I’ve played this like 20 times and I never recall having it in the R&D lab. As I recall, an Oculus-like company develops it and through regular staff research you can unlock Visorius Support as a Gameplay feature.

4 Likes

Yea well, I wrote the game so I should know what I’m talking about! At least theoretically because after looking at the code you are completely correct :smiley:

Apologies all. @Larry_Meredith is right, it’s a news story and unlockable engine part, not a lab research. I think at one stage we discussed this as an alternative (maybe a nice idea for a mod).

7 Likes

This might be a little necro, shame on me! but how’d you do that fancy-looking blur text-hover-over-it-and-then-it-shows-the-real-text?

Type: ['spoiler] spoiler text goes in here [/spoiler]. Do note that I’m using a ' in the first spoiler command. Exlude that and it should work :smile:

2 Likes

[spoiler] Amazing! Anyway, why is it even there? [/spoiler]