[Linux] Inifite loading bar

Hello guys

First of all geat game !

I’ve been running it on Ubuntu 12.04, I’ve installed it via the command on my terminal.

Game worked great till i move to new office. Pressing the button move gives me a little error from Javascript saying [object Event]. I can only press ok and then it takes me to an infite loading bar …

If you guys have solution …

I also have this issue, I’m running Ubuntu 12.10.

Agree to moving to the next office, [object Event] dialog shows, screen is black with a loading bar.
Bug is always reproducable.

Really enjoying the game thus far up to that point anyhow :slight_smile:

Sorry for that!
Solution: rename images/superb/level2Desk.png to images/superb/level2desk.png
We will make an update as soon as possible.

1 Like

Not to sound like a total smuck (which I do)… but where for the love of god can I find that file?

Search your entire computer perhaps? I don’t know. I can’t do much since I don’t have Ubuntu, sorry. I do know there is a search bar in the explorer though.

Never mind. Searched another round on the forum and the solution is to switch to a terminal.
Original solution: [Linux] Linux version crash

Start the game, do not click just switch desktop and either open a new terminal or hit ctrl+alt+f1
Run:

$> ps aux | grep gamedev | grep working

It should output something like:

1000 32538 30.9 2.1 385732 213164 ? Sl 18:35 6:10 /usr/bin/gamedevtycoon --type=renderer --disable-device-orientation --enable-viewport --no-sandbox --lang=en-US --nodejs --working-directory=/tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.JA9w4U --disable-accelerated-2d-canvas --disable-accelerated-video-decode --channel=32510.0.664741575

After that you can search for the file or you can:

$> cd /tmp/.org.chromium.Chromium.JA9w4U/images/superb
(take into account that the workingdir is generated everytiime that you start the game so your working-dir should differ from mine)
$> mv level2Desk.png level2desk.png

If you opened a new terminal just close it, if you used ctrl+alt+f1 you can switch back to your desktop with ctrl+alt+f8
Now you can click to start your game at your new office.

This issue is not isolated to Ubuntu. I’ve been getting it on Mac OS X 10.8.3, as well.

I think it may be an issue with case-sensitive filesystems such as ext4 on Ubuntu and case-sensitive HFS+.

Please fix this as quick as possible, my /tmp folder is mounted on my ram, and therefore I can’t make permanet changes to this file, and every time I run the game have to change it again.

Aloha to all.
I wrote a tiny script, that would do the manual fix for you.

I wrote it under Ubuntu Linux 12.04 but it should work on ALL Linuxes.
Python runs under Mac OS X too, but i cant test it.

Have Fun :wink:

1 Like

Wow, thanks, bison! Worked right away after I ran your script!! The rest of the game seems a lot more fun than the garage. :wink:

Edit: typo