[TUT] Dzjengis' expansion pack mod 0 sales bug & error at startup fixes SOLUTION HERE!

here are the fixes for djengis’ expansion pack mod
we can add more bugfixes of the mod here later

error at startup possible fix 80% sure (I think)

I think you need to set your game to bèta if you got it with steam.(NOT ANYMORE WITH THE NEW UPDATE)
This is the right way to install the expansion pack mod.

How to add the Expansion Pack for Game Dev Tycoon to you game

First of all you need to make sure you have the beta version of Game Dev Tycoon on steam. To do so:
Go to you steam library
Right-click on Game Dev Tycoon
Select properties
Go to the ‘BETAS’ tab
Select ‘Beta - beta’ from the dropdown-list(NOT ANYMORE BETA IS NOT NEEDED)
Now you have to beta version of Game Dev Tycoon go to you steam folder
Go into /steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/mods
Paste the ExpansionPack folder in the mods folder
Start GDT and go to the main menu
Select mods
Click on ‘Expansion Pack’ so it becomes blue
Restart GDT and enjoy the mod!

0 sales number with games

Notes:
There is one bug left in the custom prices. When you start a new game always set a price. You can do this by clicking on the screen while developing a game and select the Set Price option. If you don’t do this it will result in 0 sales of your game!

1 Like

What you are claiming here is not right, the custom prices bug had been fixed a long time ago by @SirEverard

@Charlie, please close or remove this topic since it has no relevance to my mod.
Also: Please don’t necro threads anymore in the future.

1 Like

i know its a long time ago whats necro?
should i remove it ?

Necro means that you edit/post on a very old topic, bringing it back to the top of the list. And you can’t remove a thread on your own, a moderator has to do that.

@DzjengisKhan Thank you for highlighting this.
@azertyman There is a fair amount of misinformation here so I will clarify that and then close this thread.

I think you need to set your game to bèta if you got it with steam.(NOT ANYMORE WITH THE NEW UPDATE)

Beta is not needed and has not been for a very long time. Ideally all references to activating beta should be removed so as not to confuse new users.

First of all you need to make sure you have the beta version of Game Dev Tycoon on steam. To do so:

Again, this is outdated information so no need to even mention it.

As @DzjengisKhan is now active and updating his mod please post on that thread. Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like