[REL] Game Dev Tycoon: Platforms, Events, and Topics, OH MY

@CMDesign I will fix your problems, but the Dalek Invasion is supposed to be like that, you automatically get a game over on 1 of the 2 options, because when you get exterminated by the Daleks, you lose everything including all of your money.

Wellā€¦ thatā€™s a stupid event that ruins people their games. ;o

@LineLiar i lowered the rewards from the Dalek Invasion Event. They will be pushed out in the 1.3.0 update that is coming out later today or tomorrow.

That sounds better. ;p

Best comment ever!

WTF?

Lolā€¦ he did something wrong. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Wayss i havenā€™t seen that bug before on my end.

Update:

1.3.0 is now available for public download. Update Now at https://github.com/Turntablelover/Game-Dev-Tycoon-Mod and https://db.tt/UQb15R8d

1.3.0 Release Notes:

1. Lowered Rewards for Dalek Invasion Event for both options
  2. Changed Publishing and Retiring Date for CVIDIA Shield
  3. Implemented Mission Overrides for Arcade Racing Topic
  4. Implemented Mission Overrides for Cop Chase Topic
  5. Implemented Mission Overrides for Bean-Bag Toss Topic
  6. Implemented Mission Overrides for Rescue Turtles Topic
  7. Implemented Mission Overrides for Car Dodging Topic
  8. Implemented Mission Overrides for Squirrel Dodging Topic
  9. Implemented BFF MV Mun
  10. Implemented Sdyssey
  11. Implemented Realistic Graphical Worlds Research
  12. Implemented Warzones Research
  13. Implemented Advanced Warzones Research
  14. Implemented PVP Research
  15. Implemented Realistic Bosses Research
  16. Implemented Combat Topic
  17. Implemented Defense Topic
  18. Implemented Flight Topic
  19. Implemented Light Gun Topic
  20. Implemented Rogue Topic
  21. Implemented Ball Rollan Games Topic
  22. Implemented FMV Topic
  23. Implemented Adult Topic
  24. Implemented Advergame Topic
  25. Implemented Art Topic

I create a new save. But have it researches again

@Wayss i think it is a bug with the API. The code for the Research Items is similar to the Research Item code for @DzjengisKhan and @LineLiar mod, ExpansionPack, so if the bug occurs with my mod, it should of occurred with the ExpansionPack mod as well.

@Venomous Glad to see your doing something about it. Iā€™ll try your mod again. Dont have much time today though, gotta go do some cooking for Thanksgiving.

Its supposed to be a simulation gameā€¦ not a game where you hope some gang of Daleks dont come ruin everything youā€™ve done. The point of the game is to get on top by taking risks of investing big money in gamesā€¦ without sinking yourself and going bankrupt. There shouldnt be any event that just completely destroys you. The only way you should lose this game is by messing it up for yourself. But as I said before small setbacks are actually cool. Like the ā€œinvestorā€ scamā€¦ i thought that was a good additionā€¦ would actually be cool to see something like that to where its shows up in different ways to where you never knowā€¦ and actually have REAL investors. That way you wont know if its a scam or notā€¦ but of course not something that will just destroy you.

Also for anyone that is interested Iā€™m an artist and would be glad to help draw up some stuff for mods. Just tell me what you want and what the image size needs to be.

You actully coded it wrong :slight_smile:

canResearch: function (company) {
		return LevelCalculator.getMissionLevel('Level Design') < 5 //The 'Level Design' level has to 4 or lower
	},

by saying the research is available when the design is < 5
Well when you start a new game itā€™s always lower then 5 so youā€™ll get the research when you start the game!

@CMDesign @LineLiar I am going to be taking a little break from modding tomorrow, due to Thanksgiving. so continue posting feedback and stuff in this thread, and I will try to get them fixed in the next update, that will be pushed out after Thanksgiving.

I was going through your source files and started to scratch my head a bit.

• Personally i think the CVIDIA Shield shouldnā€™t be available that soon in a game. Seeing that it just released in 2013, 7 years after the xbox 360 and Ps3, it should atleast become available 2-3 years after the xbox and/or PS3.

• Some decisions are too trivial; I.e: Govodore fixing their console, you get paid? - atleast thatā€™s what i make out of the source code.

• Shouldnā€™t the added research items like 3D Gr. V8, 9 etc, be available if the MissionLevel is ā€œ> 9ā€ and not ā€œ< 9ā€, thus being available way too soonā€¦? The same goes for other research items where 2K Graphics is already available while you barely are able to ā€˜makeā€™ 2D Gr. V1. I think the condition needs to be switched to ā€œ>ā€ for certain research items. @kristof1104 also mentioned this above. If the code allows for ā€œ>=ā€ (is higher or equal to) then you could use ā€œ>=9ā€ if not, use ā€œ>8ā€ (needs to be higher than 8).

• Some graphics work might be needed for the superbox and/or future platformsā€¦ Contact me if you need some work done, iā€™ve got LOADS of spare time (iā€™m an ex. designer turned photographer)

@JayS_NL Thanks for the feedback, I will fix some of the stuff you mentioned in a future update that will come out after Thanksgiving.

Or, if you donā€™t mind, i could post the update for you on github.

Iā€™ve already fixed the research issues (all categories) and the CVIDIA shield issue as well.
Plus, i got tired to train my staff so darn slow. I donā€™t know how to write an api/mod for it, but i found a way to boost the training figures so that training now somewhat makes sense.

Hard thing is though; i canā€™t publish it because itā€™s an alteration in the source code. If you, or anybody, could help me set up a mod/api for that, weā€™d have a ā€˜training level modā€™.

Itā€™s basically a modifier based on a random math number, so sometimes you get lots, sometimes you dontā€¦

@JayS_NL For your mod/api you can ask @DzjengisKhan to help you. He coded the API compatibility for the Research Items.

You have experience with Research right? Why wouldnā€™t you do it then? Why has DzjengisKhan have to do it because he made the API? Youā€™re both as experienced with the research items. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1.4.0 Sneak Peek:
I fixed the bug with the researches unlocking as soon as you researched Custom Game Engine in the first level of the game aka the Garage.

1.4.0 is now out for public release. Update Now at https://db.tt/1oNsgDpe and https://github.com/Turntablelover/Game-Dev-Tycoon-Mod

1.4.0 Release Notes:

1. Fixed Bug where all of the Researches got unlocked as soon as you researched Custom Game Engine in the Garage
  2. Implemented Mission Overrides for Fish Fighting Topic
  3. Implemented Mission Overrides for Cat Treat Toss Topic
  4. Fixed Publishing Date for CVIDIA Shield
  5. Implemented Mission Overrides for Sandwich Making Topic
  6. Implemented Mission Overrides for Comic Book Development Topic
  7. Implemented Mission Overrides for Sandbox Topic
  8. Implemented Mission Overrides for Smashing Topic
  9. Implemented Mission Overrides for Platformer Topic
  10. Implemented Mission Overrides for Pinball Topic
  11. Implemented Turkey Baking Topic
  12. Implemented Potato Mashing Topic
  13. Implemented Fuzzy Brushing Topic
  14. Implemented Mountain Skating Topic
  15. Implemented Halloween Topic
  16. Implemented Mbox One Rumours Event
  17. Fixed Bug in Govodore Trouble Event where there were two periods in the introduction message.
  18. Implemented SD Sound Quality Research
  19. Implemented Cartoon World Research
  20. Implemented Animated Cartoon World Research
  21. Implemented Animated Textures Research
  22. Implemented Super-Realistic AI Research
  23. Implemented Sabotage Event
  24. Implemented Mission Overrides for First-Person Shooter Topic
  25. Implemented Mission Overrides for Visual Novel Topic
  26. Implemented Mission Overrides for Third-Person Shooter Topic
  27. Implemented Mission Overrides for Japanese RPG Topic
  28. Implemented Mission Overrides for Western RPG Topic
  29. Implemented Mission Overrides for Social Topic