New Gaming PC (Maybe suggestions?)

So I’m gonna buy a new gaming pc with the following specs and want to know if anyone has suggestions or notes on my planned pc:

• Case: Corsair Carbide 500R Black
  • Power Supply: Corsair RM Series 850W (92% efficiency)
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 4820K 3,7 GHz
  • Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 412S
  • Motherboard: Asus 2011 P9X79
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 12GB DDR3-1600
  • Storage: 1TB HDD + 512GB SSD
  • Graphic Card: 2x Nvidia GTX 780 3GB or 2x AMD Radeon R9 290x 4GB
  • TP-Link 450Mbps Wifi Card

Tell me what you think about it and if there are things you would do different ^^
If you have a suggestion that would improve it please tell me as well (within reasons of course :stuck_out_tongue: so don’t tell me I should get 2 GTX Titan Z’s :wink: ) :smiley:

2 Likes

Hmm…
If you would get 2 GTX Titan Z’s it would be perfect for making EPM!

1 Like

I would either go 8GB or 16GB, 12 GB of RAM has always seemed to be a weird amount of RAM to me

Yea, because GDT TOTALLY requires that much graphic power :wink:

1 Like

A weird amount? What do you mean with a weird amount?

Meh, it just seems a strange amount of RAM to me, i don’t know why xD

Noo… The Notepad++ requires…

@KizzaGaming Hehe :stuck_out_tongue: The point is that I think 8GB will be to less, but 16 is about €50,- more :confused:

@Haxor Well luckly I don’t use Notepad++ :wink:

1 Like

it depends on what games your gunna be playing really

I want it to be able to run (most) new games on high to max settings

1 Like

I’d recommend to change your motherboard, as it comes with a quad-sli bridge, and you are only using two cards, because there are some known issues with setting it up correctly…
And perhaps throw in a small SSD to run your OS on?

1 Like

Well, with 2 780’s you should be fine, i’d try 8GB of RAM first, then if needed upgrade to 12GB

Insted of 2 X TB HHD I would either go 1 TB HDD + 250-500GB SSD

1 Like

Then perhaps get the Crucial MX100? I’ve been continously hearing about it having a good price-quality ratio

@tmch + @Mabb I was thinking about that and will probably swap out 1 HDD for an SSD, but every motherboard I was able to choose from had quad-sli
@KizzaGaming I would prefer buying the 12GB Instantly then risking that I need to buy it later thus spending more money

Fair enough

It just sucks that a 250gb SSD is about €60,- more then 1TB HDD xD

A 256 gb ssd is about €90,- at its cheapest in my country t.t

Well, the problem is is that I order the pc online and don’t put everything together myself, so I’m kinda bound to the options it gives me :confused:

is windows 7 still availeble?