Multi-Topic Games

1. Lets you choose more than one topic for a game

Example: Cars 2(Racing/Spy Simulation Game)

Easy To Implement: Yes

What Update Should It be in: 1.4.0

2 Likes

I agree. It would be really cool if they do that. :slight_smile:

hospital/surgery, zombies/post-apocalyptic, time travel/ alternate history, Dance/music, ETC

I was just thinking about that myself :slight_smile:

I had exactly the same ideas

I don’t think it’s easy to implement because you have to consider all the combinations. For example, Zombie-Post Apocaliptic is a great topic combo but Sci-Fi-WildWest isn’t. Considering that there’s 52 topics and there must be a combination for each one, we can tell that there’s about 52x52 = 2704 - 52 (because there can’t be repeated topics like Dance-Dance) is equal to 2.652. Now THAT’S a LOT of combinations. It’s not that easy to implement as you think.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHSSSSSSS!!!
You sir, are a genuine genius!

I think it was just calculator…

Oh yeah XD XD

A relatively easy way to do this would be to not make the games Multi-Topic but instead allow for Secondary Topics-- so when you create a WildWest/Sci-Fi game it’s not a 50/50 split, but rather you can look at it as “This is a Wild West game with Sci-Fi elements”. Under that circumstance, the secondary topic acts as a modifier which increases or decreases the overall quality of the game, depending on how well it works with the primary topic.

It’s still 2652 combinations in the base game alone (never mind mods that add more topics), but a person or group of people could build an excel table that could show all of the +/- modifiers added by secondary topics.

I was thinking of the same thing!! Cause I wanted to make a Fantasy/Medieval game since I moved out of the first stage!