Movie Filming Tycoon

You are a film studio. You make movies. Hire different types of jobs and make movies!
The Actors-Actors can be hired again but are mostly temporary. After filming a movie they accept the pay and leave.
The Camera people-These employees are here to stay and they usually just stand there filming. They need the least amount of pay.
The Editors-These employees stick around and edit your movies with visual effects.
The scores will be…Visuals, Hilarity, Intensity and Story
You can also set up props and make movies like that!
Prop Shop-Depending on the topic you want, you can buy an array of different props that add to the Visuals score and overall look awesome.
Set Shop-Buy the sets for your movie! Also increases visual score and also looks awesome.
Use of Props and Sets-They increase the Visual score of your movie, and you can place them how you want!
(The rest is coming later)

4 Likes

Check out the “TheMovies” game, I have played the demo, and it is pretty good.

Seeing your ‘‘requirements’’, this one would have the best guess I think. It’s sort of The Sims 2-style in the simulating of staff, but the depth is therefore also less than you can find in other movie games. You can actually watch the movie after you’ve completed it though, which for me is a big pro.
http://www.lionhead.com/games/the-movies/

Here is another I bought for about 6 euros I think it was. Not very complicated, but more in-depth than The Movies. It has less the simulation style and more like the managing one. It is very default, but very addicting, you could compare this one to Game Dev Tycoon much more than you can with the other one.
http://myrtilusentertainment.com/showtime.html

Welcome to the forums :smile:

But… but… @diamond655 isn’t new to the forums, unless you posted on the wrong topic. :cake: anyways!

Maybe she meant @LineLiar? (jk :P)

Yes yes i was having a blonde moment and this was the wrong person and thread :blush:
One of those days i guess!

who are you? I’m new here so uhh… XD

The Movies is developed in 2003 and released in 2005. very good and you cant cheat in the game :smiley: try it!

Never say that is @LineLiar is there.

2 Likes

@Visual917

This is your first and only warning before a perma ban will be issued.
Do not advertise torrenting. Ever.

1 Like

I have downloaed the showtime demo, it is pretty buggy, I cant even make an movie…

It’s not buggy at all, works perfectly. It’s a problem on your side, and what’s wrong with it? What happens that makes it unplayable?

Well, the list of directors/producers is empty, thought I can hire director, whose name is “Name”…
And, even If I don’t hire any producer, it says that someone is already hired, BUT when I want to greenlight my movie, it says There is no producer assigned.

Well, it’s logical that you have to SEARCH for Producers, Directors and Actors/Actresses BEFORE you can see them. -_-

Use the glass in the bottom right corner and search for people, then they will show up.

I did!
Edit: Nvm, it was just loading so long with first movie.
(thanks…)

Okay!
Now I can say, that Showtime is more strategy-like, and The Movies is more “simulative”.
(Thought I was playing only demos).

I agree. Showtime! (for me) is very addicting though. It’s also very fun, but you gotta love it I guess. :wink:

Yeah, it looks cool, but I think we are only who know about this game…

That’s not true. The company who made it, well, ,one man has a decent community. :wink: