[Mac] DOM Exception or Crash on Load

Hey! So ive played the game a little now and gotten a pretty big company, which I saved yesterday. However, when trying to load it today, the game crashes every time. It gives me a javascript error message. Anyone knows a fix for this?
Thanks

4 Likes

Iā€™m seeing the same problem. It happens after I click to continue.

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem. Also running 10.8.3 on a i5 2.53ghz with 8gb of ram.

Also boots up the game, but when continuing in to the game to play, it breaks down and crashes. Also have a pretty big company now, and would love not to have to reinstall. :smiley:

1 Like

Same here! Played 3 hours this morning and saved properly. Now i wanted to start the game and it crashes after clicking Continue.

Running Mac OSX 10.8.3 on Macbook Pro Retina

1 Like

Have the exact same problem. I even uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it, but it kept on crashing (my save game was still there).

Runs on iMac (no retina display), Processor 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 / Memory 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB / Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

1 Like

So it seems like this is a pretty common mac problem. Has anyone been in contact with support? Id like to hear what they have to say.

For me 1 out of 2 things happen. Either it crashes when I press click to load at the start screen or it loads and Im able to enter my game, but not all of my team loads and after a few minutes I get this ā€œjavascript alertā€ and everything crashes.

Hope any moderators who see this can respond :slight_smile:
(tried to upload a pic of the error message but the board wouldnt let me)

1 Like

This kinda sucks! Great game, but ruins the experience when you canĀ“t load your saved game or even jus play again!

Exactly the same problem here. Iā€™ve started again twice by deleting the saved game file, but always reach a point where I canā€™t reload when the company gets too large.

The game also isnā€™t usable on retina mode for me - I have to switch to a non-retina display mode to get a legible display.

Same here. Hereā€™s the error message I get:

Uncaught error. Please report this to support@greenheartgames.com:
Uncaught Error: InvalidStateError: DOM Exception 11
(file:///Applications/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/compressed/codeNw.js:1361)

It then asks me to restart - I click ā€œContinueā€ and it crashes back to the desktop. I have a level 3 company, playing on OSX 10.7.5, circa 2009 MacBook Pro.

2 Likes

Iā€™m experiencing the same issue on my Mac OS X 10.8.3 setup.

I get a javascript error alert window and the message ā€œ[Object event]ā€. The screen is black with an infinite progress bar. I can still access the game menu, but any attempt to load a save game is met with the same error message.

Does anyone know where the save games are stored?

I am having the same problem I think. OS X 10.7.5. No idea if there is a solution to this. If you really want to play the game tho, there is actually a way to open the game in your browser, the saved games doesnā€™t seem to come along tho :frowning: I dont even know if you can save the games you play there at all eitherā€¦

Just sayinā€™, if you really just want to play the game, there is a way :wink:

thanks, this sort of error report is quite helpful. We will see if we can fix this but please allow a few days. We are unfortunately completely overloaded at the moment.

4 Likes

I have exactly the same issue :frowning:
Macbook Pro Retina 15"ā€¦

same issue, here is the crash report from system console

I have this error :
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜titleā€™ of null
(file:///Applications/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/compressed/codeNw.js:655)

Please restart the game.

Very sorry for the trouble. We hope to be able to investigate this in detail in the next day or two.

Same for me. It is good news that you are working on it. It would be a shame to lose my saved game.

@Outconsumer: I copied the save game and loaded it on windows, works perfectly.

Where did you find the save game, sveinerikkro?

Hey guys, I was having the same issue but I found a temporary fix. Open the ā€œApplicationsā€ folder on Mac, right click on the ā€œGame Dev Tycoonā€ icon and then check the ā€œOpen in low resolutionā€ option. It opens just fine, just doesnā€™t look as good. Hopefully they come out with a real fix soon.

Good luck! =)