Looking for a team to work at my game

Just try the free version and play around with the tutorials, they’ll learn you quite some tips and tricks.
For advanced coding you would need someone that knows scripts.

Thats why i look for a coder :wink:
But if I use gamemaker free then im not allowed to sell it in the future :wink:

Option screen has a redisgn, by @snowyterrorgami

Try GameMaker 8.1, it’s pretty simple if you read the tutorials. Although I’m not sure how simple/powerful GameMaker Studio is. I suggest trying it out since quite a bit of design can be done in it, then you can ask your future coder for help with the scripts. Also I’m pretty sure there are cracked versions out there if you don’t mind :stuck_out_tongue:

I just downloaded free version on steam…then there came up a message to upgrade to paid version fopr free…i registerd and received a e-mail with key…but when i try to activate it…it doesn t show a message that says: Activated

New textures for backpack and startscreen, coding is starting tomorrow

Start screen

Backpack

Little example on how the world will look

Like you can see in this Pre Alpha Alpha content art, you can do the following things (this are just a very small amount of wat you can do in the game !) :smile:

-Fish (Very maybe)
-Chop wood (likely in an update)
-Gather food(likely in an update
-Swim (Basic game
-Visit people (likely in an update)
-Go to a shop (basic game

Night Version:

The official Facebook page:

@Aswin_Vos: Goedemiddag :wink: These are just my 2 cents about some dev systems discussed.

GameMakerStudio (Standard)
Very easy to learn. A lot of things can be achieved without writing code. For more complex stuff, code can be used. The community of yoyogames has many examples, plugins, scripts and other things available.
Easy to learn, easy (but sometimes tricky) to master. For prototyping and/or small games it’s ideal. The PRO series allows to compile to other platforms, too (depending on the additional compilers purchased).

It is available directly from yoyogames or through Steam.

XNA / C#
This is officially discontinued and u need Visual Studio 2010 to use it. The latest version (4.0) was released in 2010 and according to an email sent on 31 January 2013, XNA is no longer actively being developed. It is not supported under the new “Metro interface” of Windows 8 and not supported on the Windows RT platform.

The new Visual Studios (2012, 2013) do not support XNA. To use XNA, you need to get first into it, as it has an own pipeline for assets (using a customized format). You also need to know the .NET Framework and, of course, C#.

It is available for free from the Microsoft website.

Mono.XNA / MonoGame
As an alternative to the discontinued Microsoft XNA Studio, there is a project called Mono.XNA, that was created to port the XNA to the open source and cross-platform “Mono” framework (Open Source Variant of the .NET Framework).

With MonoGame (sort of a fork of Mono.XNA) a Mono.XNA based system has been created to support iOS, Android (incl. OUYA), Mac OS X, Linux and Metro (Windows 8), Windows RT and Windows Phone 8, PlayStation Mobile (2D).

Unity 3D
This is a very good game development system, although it’s harder to learn and harder to master, but once you get into, you can do a lot of things. Unity is free in the community edition (although quite limited) and costs ± 1.500$ (or ±75$ / month) if used professionally. (Generally spoken it is free as long as the user is not a commercial organization with an annual gross revenue exceeding US$100,000).

It is a cross-platform engine (supports iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry 10, OS X, Linux, web browsers, Flash, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, Windows Phone 8, and Wii U)

Sources (Wikipedia):

XNA / Mono.XNA / MonoGame

Unity3D

GameMaker Studio

3 Likes

What About Clickteam Fusion 2.5?
I Was using MultimediaFusion 2, It was cool, but not so advanced.

1 Like

So who is officially working on the coding side of it, getting everything to come together and work?

@Rex0099

Bump

Looks like fun! :smiley: Will it be avaliable to Linux?

Do u use Linux?

Currently we are Planning on a windows version. Also are we thinking about a mobile app :wink:

Maybe we can port it to Linux and MAC later on :smiley:

Just saying, the idea wont really give you any money. When someone uses tons and tons of time on developing game and graphics and you come in and take all the money because of the idea is just not right.

@Stian_Furu he’s doing graphics/textures

And we don t earn any money with the game :wink:

Looking for a new coder, send pm if interested !