I'm running linux

I was wondering if there is anyone who is running linux and play game dev tycoon, who could help me figure out where the mods folder is. I’m still learning Ubuntu, so I’m not sure where to look for the steam folder. If anyone could please help me, I would be very thankful.

Regards,
~Sean

1 Like

There is no support for modding yet on Linux. (I think, alot of threads say that.)

1 Like

So there is no modding even though I’m running steam to play the game?

1 Like

I guess.

1 Like

There is mod support for Linux!

1 Like

lol, I feel like I just ran into a horrible misunderstanding and solved it :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, the mods folder if you installed via Steam is in

/home/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/GameDevTycoon/mods

(you have to enable hidden folder to show. Go to the toolbar and press ‘view’ and then ‘hidden folders’)

Something like that.

Also, @tmch, where have you seen that? Mods are only JavaScript scripts. Both HTML and JavaScript are supported by Ubuntu/Linux.

@sean A good trick for Ubuntu and Linux is that to install things like ‘Java’ and ‘Flash Player’ etc. just go in the terminal and write sudo apt-get and then the package name. Java is named sudo apt-get default-jre! Thank me later :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

just search for ‘linux modding’ threads.

1 Like

I got all mods working on Linux. Really dont know what you’re pointing too.

1 Like

See the following screenshot:

1 Like

That was pretty close with the path there! :stuck_out_tongue: I’m using Windows now because I got a new PC, so I had to remember it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Thank you guys for the help. The only reason why I don’t have windows anymore is bcuz I’ve had so many issues with it, and yes I’m a technician but I’m done with windows not only that I’m running a 7 year old laptop that has 1GB of RAM and that’s another reason why. However, I’m just looking to have fun with the mods and I wasn’t able to figure out where the steam folder was so I could place the mods including the UltimateLib mod (thank you Alphabit for making it) and I thank all of you for helping and being able to respond so quickly.

2 Likes

SuperStian out.

No problem, citizen

1 Like

Steam Workshop will also be supported on Linux which will make using mods even simpler :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really? Thanks! Then its settled - I’ll install Linux again.

1 Like

@PatrickKlug thank you to you and the GDT devs for bringing the steamworkshop to Game Dev Tycoon it has been working very well.

2 Likes

Mostly all indie company’s make sure their games are cross platform. You dont hear EA providing Linux support :wink:

1 Like

(The next day)
EA: We are proud to announce… Play Stadium!
(1 Hour of press conference lols)
EA: Play Stadium will be an exclusive only for Windows 9