Game Dev Tycoon is coming to Steam on August 29th

Time to get hyped!

1 Like

Good call on not releasing the sequel right away. You should probably at least develop a new engine first…

4 Likes

When I read this just a little bit ago, I got a little worried as to whether or not I would have to pay for it again bcuz I lost my job 2 weeks ago and I don’t have any income to pay for it a second time, until I read where Patrick says that there will be a steam token for those of us who already own the game. But one thing I am wondering is are we still going to be able to download the game updates from the links we got in our email, or is that going to be rendered useless come the 29th?

“As stated all along we aim to provide Steam keys to existing owners of the game and will announce details about availability and how to claim your key closer to the release date.” -> haha I was just about to ask that question :smiley: I can’t wait :smiley: I will play the game once more

• New: ‘Multi-Platform’ development and engine option (mid-game unlock).

Finally?? YEAAAAH! I can’t wait til the 29th!

Awesome :smiley:

I moved a post to an existing topic: German translation

Congratz on the steam release!

That will be one key please :slight_smile:

Is it possible to get an ETA on the steam keys? I’m really excited for this!

2 Likes

The keys will be distributed next week on these days, August 26-September 1,2013.

I moved a post to an existing topic: Portuguese (pt-br) translation

I am really waiting for this!!!
Maybe the Atari 2600 will be available? Other than that, High pitched Squeal

This sounds awesome! Thanks for continuing to work on this game!

Its pretty close to the release date already… I really hope I get that steam key since I already bought the game.

Anyway glad to know the game has been improved. Will the steam version work with full screen touch screen on a surface pro? Also is there a 4th office since you said the storyline is extended…

I bought the game after seeing it advertised on STEAM on the Windows8 Store… so I could play it on my Win8 Laptop and my Win7 desktop tower on STEAM later… I like the game a lot so far and the new update sounds great! I wonder if you have all our email addy’s for distributing the keys for people who bought on the Windows Store???

Nice. When the people who bought it through your site get key for steam? :blush:

1 Like

Um, I think you meant to say the game will be released to Grid :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I said when this game released, I hope its successful because its awesome, I’m putting this greenlight down to a ‘Yes’ on that issue. Good job devs! I hope for more from this company in the future.

Great changes ! looking forward for steam version :smile:

Will windows RT owners of Game Dev Tycoon get a steam key?