Development Phase Sliders

When choosing the sliders, if i move all of them to the top, is that effectively 33% for each and is the same effectiveness as leaving them all half way? Or does that spend more time in each, but still equal time?

When they’re all equal each slider is worth 11% of the total game. Leaving all 9 at half-way or dragging all up to max doesn’t appear to make much difference.

However, if you put all the sliders in phase 1 to max, then leave the other 6 alone, then the phase 1 sliders will have a greater contribution to the final game. At least this has been my observations.

@asaxton is spot on. The preview bar near the bottom also shows you how much focus each of the areas receives. Dragging all sliders up is essentially the same as dragging them all down.

Does that apply across the phases? Or can you put more emphasis on the Phase 1 sliders at the expense of Phases 2 and 3?

It’s just that I noticed that the workload on each employee in medium (and larger) games can be affected by how you apply the sliders in all 3 Phases.

each development stage is always the same length so you can’t focus on a specific area by lowering the focus in a different stage (hope that makes sense). In the above example dragging all sliders of stage 1 either to the top or the bottom is the same and will also result in the same workload for your staff.

You are right though that staff workload will affect later developments so you can get more out of a game if you save your best staff member for important areas.