Changing some topics into themes?

Before the expansion packs, topics and genre made sense. Example a action military game could be a first person shooter or 3rd person. Possibly both. It was left up to your imagination. Them expansions offered stuff like parckour and kittens -_- then some added1st person shooter and 3rd person shooter. Not exactly a topic but couple that with military it made sense. This could be changed with two topics sure but then when you add modern to the mix it changes things. Have like a military theme with modern 1st person shooter and you get a very specific game. Now obviously you put action or simulator but what if you make if. RPG sci fi 3rd person shooter open world. Then you got mass effect. I feel things like medieval and fantasy are also themes. Sports is a theme but basketball and football would be a topic.

I know this would make things more complicated to create games and design combos around. But it also helps make very spefic games. Is something like this even possible to add in? I see some crazy stuff people are adding in like camelots ambition. Maybe have two combos like theme and genre are one, the have theme and topic be a different one. So pretty much theme and genre still act as normal but have topic give a bonus to quality of the game maybe? So it makes it easier to do horrible combos like strategy sports and making a good theme/topic combo by putting in football and manager as topics, make it a good theme/genre combo. Should also make it easier to get higher grade games but not overly easy where you can make any game with a good topic theme. This way your games can have variety and come out closer to how you imagine them.

Well if they allowed us to mod Genres we could

As a matter of fact, they are moddable :wink:

Just a bit harder to do since you need to re-work the entire game mechanism a little

REALLY!!! Sweet. Now if I only knew how to work java lol lol lol So I guess I’ll try being a modder…Only problem is where to start…Anyone know of a helpful starting place? Google pops up many things but not all are helpful. If no one else wants to try it ill take a shot. I doubt I finish since that’s how I usually am >_> a man of many unfinished projects lol.

Doing this kind of changes actually needs a huge work before coding. You should take pen and paper and start design your ideas until they blend in one solid concept. Creating new game mechanics it’s an hell of a work, but harder than that, it’s changing already balanced, studied, olied and tested systems without letting them fall apart.

From my point of view this is called Game Design and doesn’t needs a js coder :smiley: (obviously you will need one as soon as your concept is ready, but you will find that coding is not that hard as design :wink: )