Can I Monetize my youtube videos about gamedev tycoon?

Hello, I´ve been uploading Gamedev tycoon gameplays in spanish to my chanel (felmar98) but i´m not sure if I can monetize my Videos about the game?

I would be very grateful If someone colud answer me this question.

thanks.

You need to be a YouTube partner. This way, your vids will get ads and you can gain money from them. Of course, you will need a minimum of subscribers, views, and constant video uploads per week.

You can gain money from the game, since Sips, and other famous YouTubers are probably playing (and recording) it.

I know, I already have parthnership, subscribers, etc… my question is if can I Monetize the videos without having copywright problems?

I think it is safe to get money for your videos

I said it once, and I’m going to say it again.Sips and other YouTubers are playing the game too, and gaining money from it. So yes, you can.

(Plus, the reason why I said the first paragraph was that you don’t seem like a YouTube partner. Don’t hate me, it’s probably because you are new to the whole YouTube uploading space.)

well yes, Im kind of new to gaming :slight_smile: and I dont hate you for saying I don´t look as a parthner, I know I don´t.

That Sips and others are doing doesn’t necessarily mean you can do it as well, they could have specific permission.

But I believe I’ve read somewhere around here that it is allowed to use GDT to make money on youtube, I’m not entirely sure so you should check.

There is much paranioa about this, but no actual laws or court cases forbid doing letsplays. Game reviews sites have been monetizeing forever, and they show pictures,too. Letsplays are just long reviews with lots of pictures.

If a company complains, instead of starting a legal battle just ditch their games and stop providing them with the free advertising, few will be this stupid. (just avoid Microsoft and Nintendo)

@Armin_M What about EA, should they be avoided aswell, it is a big company known for wanting money. And although it is advertising, what they see is that you are earning money they could earn.

I only mentioned those two companies because they already made big news about interfering with letsplays. A quick search for EA and letsplays yielded that they actually provide a declaration of tolerance (Duldungserklärung) for players to self create to prevent any trouble at youtube. I only found the german version, maybe it is not necessary in other countries, we do not have fair use laws. But it would seem that they realise that free publicity is a good thing and encourage monetized letsplays.