[WIP] Expansion: InfoStatsMod - 0.4.2

@PatrickKlug Hi @alphabit . I know you may be busy now as an official member of GHG but is there still any use waiting for your InfoStatsMod to be fixed so it displays correctly on the latest Steam build? I’ve stopped playing until this mod is fixed (hopefully) as I love my stats and the game feels so much better with this running.

I have same problem now. DO you have any solution? I played like 5 hours and now i cant because of this and after i start the game it just freezes i mean i can click and everything but time does not run.

HEEELP

Hey there

I’ve recently added your mod to my Game Dev Tycoon and overall it works great.

However, when I press the tab just under the time and date section (where it shows you your current profit and loss etc) it actually brings up a strange window (I tried to upload an image here, but it didn’t work. Here is the link to the image https://plus.google.com/photos/109704722138732658722/albums/6100314115807692369/6100314123057346354?pid=6100314123057346354&oid=109704722138732658722)

It seems that when you click the wrong spot it opens the right hand side window from the review panel (there is no way for me to move its position or close the window. I can’t backspace or escape and only resolves itself when I remove the mod forcefully)

Any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks!

I have the same problem

Hey Alphbit,
first of all: thanks alot for your mod, but since GDT got updated on Steam, I can’t scroll down in the info menu of all of my created games.
Alsot the game crashes, if I click on a MMO to withdraw it from the market. (I think the same problem is with consoles, but I never tried).

I wanted to ask you, if you’ll update this mod to prevent thoose two bug.
Also I would be happy about some kind of fix, that others have used to avoid this.

He’s dead @Zaborg

AKA the mod will never be updated
And stop using it
Also inhale!!!111!!!

@Zaborg This mod seems like it’s abandoned. So you can rely on yourself and… well, It takes a little bit modification in code. I can show you the way if you need this.

:angry: This mod nearly corrupted my save file! How: By causing my staff to disappear! I had no choice but to disable this mod.

This mod is abandoned

1 Like

This mod has so much promise. Don’t suppose anyone wants to pick this up and run with it… I’d try, but I’m programming stoopid.

:disappointed:

Any chance this might receive an update too @alphabit? I hope I’m not being too presumptuous in asking, I just greatly appreciate your work and would love to play with this mod again!

First of All, Thank you for developing this mod because it give new insights on game history and such.

However, there is an error I want to point out. This mod will cause the game to glitch when a MMO game is active.
I do not know the cause of the glitch but I guess that the stats fluctuates frequently when an MMO game is currently releasing. The symptoms of the glitch appears when you click the MMO-game and when you try to look at the stats provided by this mod - an error message pops up and you have to restart the game, which can often be a pain in the ass situation for people who doesn’t save their games frequently.

But so far I came with a solution - before you research and develop an MMO type game, deactive the mod first, and then restart the game. That would solve the problem.

I hope this post helps.

i get this error from your mod every time i open the game

Error Alert
Error Could not load mod one of the scripts /home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/charts.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/datalist.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/modal.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/footer.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/image-picker.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/libs/flot.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/source.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Prototypes.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Config.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Utils.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Footer.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_ReleasedGames.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Analysis.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Platforms.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Notifications.js is missing or invalid!

Enabled Mods:

Game Dev Tycoon Mod API by support@greenheartgames.com
UltimateLib by Francesco Abbattista and Chad Keating
Grand Topic Mod by Skaterrrrr77
MoreTopicsAndAchievements by Awesome
Percentager - Slider Focus Percentages by Adrien Verhulst
InstaTypeWriter - Instantaneous Notification by Adrien Verhulst
DecimalScores by tmch
Insta Review by |Ds|
Expansion Pack Mod by DzjengisKhan
Increased Topic Visibility by Boom Blockhead
The Gamers topic Pack by Thomas Solberg
Valve Mod by RealOwl124
GDTTechEngine by UME
More Variations Mod 0.1.5 Alpha by 3XP3R1M3N74L (Dreamzy)
ExtendedGDT 1.6.1.2: Polishing Update (last update 29 August) by FireChaos
Advanced Topics by James Williams
Learn By Doing by Boom Blockhead
Support Services by StarzTrod
The Topic Expansion Mod. by Hungry Spartan
StartsWithMod by Francesco Abbattista
TweakMod by Francesco Abbattista
Contractor Mod by austenke
Information and Statistics Module by Francesco Abbattista
Game Version: 1.5.27

Platform: Linux

Distribution: Steam

UME is outdated, so you should disable all the mods using it.

ume mods work fine i have never had a problem with them

then what is that error you are getting…

Seriously, just browse the forums. There are tons of reports of UME mods corrupting saves.

my saves are fine

the error is

Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Prototypes.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Config.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Utils.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Footer.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_ReleasedGames.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Analysis.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Platforms.js,/home/tom/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Game Dev Tycoon/source/InfoStatsMod_Notifications.js is missing or invalid!

disable/uninstall all the mods and try a new save.

the save is not the problem the problem is that the game cant find the mod files and i have checked the links in the .js file and they are all correct

Those paths really don’t look correct.

Mods should be either under ./mods or, if it’s a steam workshop mod under./mods_ws

./source is not a officially supported path for a mod to be in.