[WIP] CompetitorMod by kristof1104 & DzjengisKhan

I would need Kristof to create an API first :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

haha :stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe In the future @DzjengisKhan & me have are hands full at the moment… We’ve got al lotttttt of stuff todo :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This mod is an amazing idea. I have a few ideas that may or may not have been suggested already.

IMMERSION: (Imo this should be one of the most important aspects of the mod)

• Notifications of upcoming games from the competitors
  • Notifications of competitor best seller hits and total failure games
  • Notifications of competitors making new game engines and their approximated cost
  • Notifications of competitor best seller sequels announced
  • Showing results of all you and competitors G3 participants

GAMEPLAY EFFECTS:

• After a few hit games in the same genre an competitor company will “specialize” in that genre and it will be slightly harder for you to get a good rating in that genre while it will be slightly/much easier for that competitor to do that.

• Special events

• I don’t think there should be much difference in gameplay, no “Sabotage” stuff etc. I mean it doesn’t really happen irl either and would be rather superficial addition to the game.

Anyway, what I think would be important is a lot of news and headlines about the competitors and not so much new gameplay elements. Just the fact it would feel like competing against others.

Just my suggestions though.

why there is no price on the buy competitor button? :confused:
suggestions:

• you shouldn’t get their money if you merge think of it as an old owner takes all the money and isn’t joining your company.
  • add buying shares instead of full company, no need to make it complicated, make it like all companies have 2 to 5 shares depending on their size
  • semi-temporary focus: make them focus only on small/medium/large/mmo games or make them only focus on sequels for a game
  • add a ‘bought company budget’ slider, so that you could additionally finance them - making them bigger/more productive, training their stuff (so that they make better rated games) or just add other ways to finance them with a chance of profit afterwards. Save money while helping them at the same time by allowing them to use your engines.

Yes, the money part makes no sense because if you are 1st you can buy all the competitors at once.
Capital and monetization of a company is not at all the same, it needs to be much more expensive.
The rate is known to be approximately: Capital + 20 * annual benefits.

This is a great mod and I see potential with this, but you need to tweak it just a little bit. The competitors go bankrupt too easily and it gets very annoying when the messages keep popping up. I’m running the mod through Steam WorkShop.

2 Likes

Holy fudge. This mod looks pretty cool. This will make the game way funner along with more research mods and such. Nice job guys!

1 Like

In the works :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In my game, I focused on buying competitors. Only. It worked, but heres a few tips:

• They earn money way too quickly!
  • You cant co-operate with them to create a new engine or game

But otherwise, great mod! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@kristof1104 @DzjengisKhan been wondering this but are you planning on having parts that people will be able to create their own packs of for the mod?

I don’t mean having them mod the mod but more the ability to use pre-built stuff that you want them to use.

Stuff to create competitors packs with that maybe have their own story lines and good to evil AI settings things like that.

Heya guys, I just want to say…

THIS MOD MAKES MY MIND BLOWN

Ouch.

@vgs sorry for the late reply, there will be an api availible when the mod is out of beta.

Just to let you guy’s know this mods isn’t dead, we’re still working on it!

@DzjengisKhan and me will be releasing a new release very shortly (a couple of weeks)

3 Likes

Not really shortly.

1 Like

Time goes faster for developers.
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:smile: No rush thank you for letting me know though.

I am not a Muslim but I highly suggest changing some of the competitors game names. This could cause serious offense.

3 Likes

So is this mod dead? o;

No, @kristof1104 is dead. He got angry when people copied his mod and Patrick didn’t want to add any extra security to make sure that wouldn’t happen again.

4 Likes

i miss everyone… :crying_cat_face:

especially darkly and kristof

2 Likes

@Orxnorx It’s a name generator so it’s pretty random. If it offends anyone I’ll gladly remove it.
@DeathRight Well, I’m not sure if this mod is dead or not… I don’t think people are waiting for it, the community seems to be dieing out. If I’m wrong and there are still people waiting on this mod I’ll reconsider starting it up again.

@DzjengisKhan joined my team, but sadly he doesn’t have time to work on the mod because he has a real busy year.

3 Likes