Why is there no option to delay a game, only release or cancel?

In the words of Shigeru Miyamoto “A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.”

I’d love to be able to fix a game where my best developer spent a week scratching his head, or simply sit on a game for an extra few months and actually get a decent number of extra orbs. Good games aren’t made by pushing them out the door the moment they’re done, but the only other option when you know you’re looking at a solid 6.25 is to scrap the game completely, which is tons of money wasted.

Would that possibly make the game too easy cuz you could delay till you have all 10s? Maybe. But I’m playing this for the sim, not the challenge. Look at companies like ThatGameCompany or Team Ico. They sit on a game for 5 years until it’s a 10, and it pays off wonderfully for them.

Thank you very much for the feedback. Appreciated!

You can delay it by just not releasing it until you have the amount of points you want. It’s not perfect, but it sorta works.

That would be awesome if you could develop multiple games at the same time. (a little off-topic :stuck_out_tongue: )

But the hype is going down

Then keep on buying marketing. Also, delaying a game in real life would cause hype to decrease, so it’s kinda realistic even though it is not an official mechanic.

4 Likes

The number of orbs you get quickly approaches zero after just a few weeks of sitting on the game.

Maybe it is an official mechanic
but not in our way…?