Who has windows 10?

120120/10

would give 999999999$ to microsoft
-IGN

1 Like

I rocked Win10 an hour or so after it officially launched. Pretty nice so far, some bugs with Chrome Canary but other than that it’s been pretty nice, way better than 7 or 8.1.

1 Like

I still can’t download Windows 10

I have Win10.
Took about half an hour.
Even with my rundown shack-of-a-PC.

I’m still waiting.

I’m still in queue. Maybe soon. Maybe.

1 Like

Still waiting.

For those of you still waiting on Windows 10, if you reserved and are in the queue to get it, you can force the install early, that’s how I got in so fast after it came out.

Here’s the process, it’s pretty simple, just make sure you follow them correctly and you’re golden. I highly recommend using the built in disk cleanup utility afterwards as well, since your old Windows install will take up a lot of space on your boot drive.

Step 1: Go to “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and delete the folder in it’s entirety.
Step 2: Pull up the Windows Update window, then bring up the command prompt, make sure to run it as an administrator.
Step 3: Type or copy/paste the following into the CMD. “wuauclt.exe /updatenow” but don’t hit enter yet!
Step 4: In the Windows Update window, hit “Check for updates” then hit enter in the CMD.

Follow all these steps and Windows Update should tell you it’s downloading Windows 10, the process may be slow since so many people are downloading it. Yes it’s five days after launch, but keep in mind how many people were excited, and how large it is, even the 40TB/s MS set aside for Win10 only is slowing down everyone’s download of it. Just be patient and let it do its thing, you’ll get the experience soon enough. For those of you skeptical about the CMD command, it’s simply a command that specifically tells Windows Update to check for new stuff instantly, which triggers it to see there’s the Windows 10 upgrade for download, and start downloading it.

The GWX reservation thingy did nothing, I just went into Windows Update myself.

Well sucker.

Is that save?

Yeah, it’s essentially just a cache for Windows Update in regards to Win10, so cleaning it out like this just means nothing will get in the way of its check for the Windows 10 upgrade.

Ok thx

Thanks man! how did you figure that out?

I didn’t figure it out myself, I saw it posted somewhere, and I figured might as well give it a shot since the queue wasn’t likely to be moving very quickly.

I got by using the Media Creation Tool provided by Microsoft (You can get it here)

I found that the method above provided me with errors when downloading windows, along with quite a few other people.

A quick review: Windows 10 is very fast booting, compared to how long it took (me) on Windows 8. Windows 8 was quite sluggish for me after the first couple months of using it, the metro UI was laggy and things would take a fair amount of time load, but on Windows 10 it seems much faster. Although Live tiles are still a thing, just use it to put short-cuts for things there and you won’t mind them so much. Familiar, hence the start menu being back. Overall just better than 8.1 for me.

1 Like

I saw it. I wasn’t sure whether or not I needed a product key so I didn’t take the chance.

But you have the product key… right?

1 Like

For Windows 8? Because it was already installed when I got my computer.

I had an OEM 8.1 on my laptop and it’s on the bottom. For a desktop it should be on some papers (yeah, that explained everything, right)