TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null

Game: Game Dev Tycoon
Distribution: Steam

PLEASE HELP
after instaling mod: CheatMod By Kristof1104 and playing with it for about two or so minutes, I shut down my computer. later that day I came back to play some more, so I logged into steam and launched the game. the only problem was that when i “clicked to continue” a white bar appeared for about two seconds and then the game presented me with: “There is a mismatch between the mods used in this save game and the mods you currently have active Missing Mod(s): CheatMod” do you wish to proceed? so I pressed the big LOAD ANYWAY button. after that, i was brought back to my office the same as it was the last time I saved, except I had no employees! on the screen there was an “Error Alert” it read as follows:
TypeError: cannot read property ‘id’ of null
Enabled Mods:
Game Dev Tycoon Mod API by support@greenheartgames.com
Game Version: 1.5.28

so I restarted the game and re-launched it and, well the same thing happened. it has been months that I have been unable to play game dev tycoon because of this. It is a great game and I so wish I could play it!
Anyway, if you did manage to read all of this (which I hope you did) thank you, and also PLEASE HELP!

Try starting a new save

We’re sorry to hear that!

Kizza has it right, you might want to start up a new save and see if that still happens.

Mods can sometimes cause unexpected behavior, so if this issue persists, I suggest removing and unsubscribing your mods and opening the game up again to see if it’s working properly again.

1 Like

Thanks for such a fast response!
Thankyou soooooo much! I cannot believe it was that simple! it works just as it did last time.
Game Dev Tycoon is overall one of my all time favourite games and I would give it 10/10 any day!
You guy’s (and gals) are awesome.
thanks again, Jett Ansell

1 Like

Same thing happened to me with the same mod. for me it was caused by going into the future

Will I lose all the stuff on my current save?