The Problem with Indie Games

Indie games are a huge hit in the market right now. There have been countless attempts on making a big indie project, whether it’s based on an old flash game the devs made or a completely new IP, they’re really booming. Steam is one of the best ways you can highlight your indies.

But while there are good indie games, there are, with the lack of a better word, bad ones. I’m looking at you, simulators.

The problem is that people are using the trend of indies to make a quick buck. You program something sloppily, make a prerendered trailer that looks good, give good premise, then sell it and it turns out to be a pile of poop.

I’ll add more of this later. What do you people think?

2 Likes

You program.

What?!

1 Like

True, Thank god that GHG isnt like that (in my opinion)

2 Likes

I’m sorry, that was a typo, what I meant to say was: “You slip on a banana and drop your face on a slippery floor and slide your way through the corridor to then backflip three times and land feet first on your keyboard, and somehow making eligible coding for a flash game.”

3 Likes

This insult is to who?

1 Like

To shitty indie game makers. Looking at you simulator makers. Grr.

1 Like

#assetflips

I sort of agree with you. I 100% agree with you on the simulators indie-devs crap out. Sometimes though, they work hard on a project, but when it’s just them, it ends up being crappy. Just an observation.

Sounds like that game named: “Dream”

I have that feeling all of the time

1 Like

Best example: TV Tycoon. The sucker of suckers.

Woah. Woah. Woah.

Rude

Yeah

At the moment, the programming is fine.

But yeah. I agree. Tycoon games usually don’t work out too well. They lack polish. That’s unfortunate because this is my favorite type of game.

But there is Roller coaster tycoon, Game Dev Tycoon, Zoo Tycoon, and all of the Kairosoft games.

Well Kairosoft’s Game Dev Story kind of gets repetitive and easy once you reach a certain part.

2 Likes

It’s repetitive but still fun in my opinion. Oh wait. I forgot.

2 Likes