[SOLVED]I need help with this error

Cannot read property ‘id’ of null
at Object.TopicsSerializer.save (file:///C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1707:293)
at eval (file:///C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:218:451)
at Array.map (native)
at a.save (file:///C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:218:411)
at Object.b.save (file:///C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:79:499)
at Object.b.autoSave (file:///C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:85:198)
at Window.eval (file:///C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:153:84)
at Window.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:92:17)
at Window.init.Window.handleEvent (window_bindings.js:148:13)
at IDWeakMap.global.__nwObjectsRegistry.handleEvent (node.js:789:26)

Were you using any mods? What lead to the error?

I had the CheatMod and the Expansionpack mod.

Maybe try uninstalling those mods and if that doesn’t work right click on gdt in steam library and delete local content then download again.

I did both of those and neither worked, It did pop up with a different error Cannot read property ‘id’ of null (file:///C:/Steam/steamapps/common/Game%20Dev%20Tycoon/compressed/codeNw.js:1707)

Probably because the save has already been corrupted by the mods. Once corrupted, there is no going back.

1 Like

Could there be any way to get rid of the save?

Just save over it when you start a new game. For future reference, UltimateLib and mods that use it are not fully stable.

It did not work, do you know if there’s a way to wipe all saves from the game? Along with that the saves will not go away if I delete local content.

Nevermind! I got it to work, since I’ve played on multiple PC’s I had to disable my Steam Cloud Sync,
then you must delete all your saves!

Disabling Clound Sync.
Step 1: Goto your steam settings.
Step 2: Goto Cloud.
Step 3: Click Disable Cloud sync

Deleteing all saves.

1. Open your steam
  2. Open userdata
  3. Click on your user id
  4. Find 239820
  5. Delete 239820
  6. Hit Windows Key+R
  7. Type in %localappdata%
  8. Find Game Dev Tycoon - Steam
  9. Delete Game Dev Tycoon - Steam

goto isn’t a word

I kind of really do not care whether its a word or not, I’m not a grammar Nazi…