[REQ] Requesting a mod for low res screens

i dont know how difficult it may be, but it can be nice
to make the in game menus smaller, both by size and font.
problem is, that on 1024x768 screen, some of the vital in game data
goes out of the screen borders, both left and right.

Just testing some bits… I’ll let you know :wink:

###edit###
Just a small test I did… so yes. I think I can help you out :wink:

Side Note:
This kind of feature will be implemented into UL, too, as soon as I have a clean solution.

###edit 2###
It has been implemented in TweakMod which I will release in the next minutes :slight_smile:

It’s not a perfect solution, but I think it might help you to play the game. I’ll still need to sort out some bit, though.

###edit 3###
I’m very sorry, but there are serious issues that I discovered when testing the scaled down version.
I don’t think it can be done without investing more time into it.

When playing in a scaled down version, you would have problems clicking on some of the interactive elements of the game (such developers, buttons, sliders and such), because some coordinates are expected and calculate absolutely, but the game has now been scaled down.

[Probably need to take another approach, if there’s any]

4 Likes

thank you, i cant wait for you to finish it :slight_smile:

Edit; i have trust in you! :smiley:

Your trust will be rewarded :wink:

I think I might have actually solved (work around) the problem of dialogs getting out of screen using a different approach.

I simply scale down some of the in-game dialogs, so they perfectly fit into the 1024x768 resolution.
@SirEverard and me, will implement thus bits into the UltimateLib, allowing for automatic dialog resize whenever the resolution is at 1024x768.

Until then, I’ll send you the mod through email if u want. Just drop me a PM with your email address and I’ll send a small module for your problem.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! i installed it, and it works perfectly!

2 Likes

I really need this mod but I don’t know how to PM somebody on here. Even if I look like an idiot how do you PM people?

You are a new user, so you can’t make PM’s yet

Please upload this mod, please make us not need to PM you

@alphabit
Please send me the mod i really need it and i can’t PM you please
Thanks.